Cheap underrated shotgun....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Any recommendations for a flashlight and mount for these? I'll ask at SSP when I go pick mine up but know most people here have more knowledge on this topic than I.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Any recommendations for a flashlight and mount for these? I'll ask at SSP when I go pick mine up but know most people here have more knowledge on this topic than I.

I'm trying to find a solution, no dice yet. Someone post up if they have any good ideas....

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I shot my VRPA40 this weekend. Cycling the action with or without a magazine is very easy and smooth. It's quite a different story with a loaded mag in the gun. With one of the mags its almost impossible to cycle the action to chamber a round. The ejection stroke is easy. The loading stroke is VERY difficult. I think the bolt is hanging up on the magazine feed lips at the rear of the magazine. The second magazine is better but still problematic.

Once the gun is loaded firing and ejection is fine. The sights are great and the height-adjustable comb on the stock is really handy. The magazine button is difficult to reach but works well. The magazines lock in place easily, empty or loaded. It's fairly light so recoil is pretty stout, even with 7 1/2 target loads. I didn't shoot any 3" shells.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0

I'm trying to find a solution, no dice yet. Someone post up if they have any good ideas....
Something along these lines?

Maybe a 45 degree offset off of the pic rail on top? ETA: I'd try the 1st one but if you could ditch the heat shield and extend that rail out the 45 might work.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thought I’d provide an update on the rebates on this gun. The 50 dollar rebate is given in the form of store credit. Still not a bad deal, as advanced tactical has a good selection at mostly reasonable prices. They have ammo in stock, at least they say they do, so I ordered shot shells with my rebate. The bummer is that you have to pay shipping, which takes a chunk out. It took about two weeks for the extra mag to be shipped and the store credit to be applied. Overall I’d say it has been a pretty easy process.

Latest posts

Top Bottom