Cheaper than dirt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really can’t believe that they are still in business. Greedy bastards
I wouldn’t have had a problem with them charging market prices after an event like that, but not honoring the sales they had already made and then jacking up the prices is lower than whale poop. That’s not the kind of business with which I want to do any business.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Me either but it just goes to prove some people have memories like a goldfish.
That was a long time ago, and there are a lot of new people in the shooting community who don’t know what they did. They used to sponsor shooting shows on TV, so I’d guess that more people have heard of them through that than through forums griping about their unethical behavior.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I wouldn’t have had a problem with them charging market prices after an event like that, but not honoring the sales they had already made and then jacking up the prices is lower than whale poop. That’s not the kind of business with which I want to do any business.

I HAD a case of Winchester Super DoubleX on order, $204. Received email of being shipped. 2 days later, email saying out of stock. 3 weeks later, notified of IN STOCK, please REORDER.
New order, $880.

Nope, not ordering then
Not ordering now
Not ordering EVER

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Didn’t Lower Than Dirt cancel orders saying they were out of stock, then magically had them back in stock at outrageously higher prices after Sandy Hook?
Yes they did. I had a $400 shotgun on order with them saying it was to be shipped the day of the shooting. My order was canceled.
The next day, it was $600.
I still subscribe to their magazine that is mailed to me. It's promptly thrown in the trash. Eventually I'll get my revenge money back through mailing costs against the company hopefully.

Latest posts

Top Bottom