Chevy StabiliTrak question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not wanting to derail this thread but your point about factory parts was relevant to my story.

Just got our Infinity G35 out of hock at the body shop after getting sideswiped by that deer. They only made them for two years and parts were ridiculous. They also showed us the manuals for repairing the autobody from the manufacturer. Where a fastener had an X with a circle around it the shop could not reuse the fastener. Mostly used on the inside of doors for window supports and all of the hinge bolts on both doors. They showed us the torque specifications the manufacturer requires for dealership autobody repair. They actually used torque wrenches instead of impacts and all bolts were checked off as they were torqued to specs. They even wrapped the extra parts that came with the ordered parts in bubble wrap and they are in the trunk. Most shops would keep unused parts as a bonus.

I highly recommend Allen Auto Body on Portland by 39th.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. Well, the shop had to order/buy the part from the stealership, but at least they can install/calibrate it. They said there are some parts (mainly high end imports, read, BMW, Jaguar ...) that must be taken to a dealership for programming/calibration.
May not have helped in your case, but Rock Auto does sell dealer only parts sometimes. It's good to check before going to the dealer.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did a little more digging on the interweb, and some suppliers do list them. NAPA shows them on their web site, but the prices are outlandish! I didn't call to see if you can really get one. O'Reilly doesn't even show them as available. Even if I could get one, this old body would not like me trying to install it. It seems they are located under the driver's or passenger's front seat, or under the center console, to place them near the vehicle's center of gravity (makes perfect sense). I'm no good at standing on my head anymore. Then, it has to be calibrated, so you'd have to pay somebody to do that! No, thanks. The shop ordered the part yesterday and they are installing it today.

Thanks to everybody for your help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom