Chicago PD Confiscates Gun From CCL Holder Who Used It to Defend Her Family

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can afford a Staccato, you have other guns. The notion that they wouldn't carry the best weapon/platform for that person (whatever it is in their opinion) to defend themselves, because it might get taken away, is just silly.
Everyone would choose dying or being maimed over losing their staccato. It’s a no brainer. That was sarcasm for the sarcasm impaired.

I agree with you. It’s silly.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Almost anywhere in the U.S. you will have your carry gun confiscated while the investigation is on going. That's why you don't carry a 2k+ sti/Staccato because chances are it'll put in and evidence locker and get rusted and mishandled.
Or court ordered cut up and melted down.

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can afford a Staccato, you have other guns. The notion that they wouldn't carry the best weapon/platform for that person (whatever it is in their opinion) to defend themselves, because it might get taken away, is just silly.
Staccato- 2k+
CZ 75 series- 500-800 and by far a more proven combat pedigree.
EDC of a Staccato is the same as buying over priced bedazzled jeans from the western store and wearing them on a job site.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Staccato- 2k+
EDC of a Staccato is the same as buying over priced bedazzled jeans from the western store and wearing them on a job site.
1911s have a more proven combat pedigree and can cost well over than 5-800. My glocks cost less and is a better edc than both. None of that is relevant. I think you’re missing the point that it doesn’t matter at all. It’s an opportunity cost problem not an accounting cost problem. Out a 500 or 3k gun all beats being dead. That’s the point.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Staccato- 2k+

Well look at you lol....... "muh CZ is juSt Az Guud" .... more power to you.

That's not the point here.

The point remains that being afraid of carrying a gun due to a possibility of it being taken away, is quite silly. If said gun performs better for you, then you should carry, train, and protect yourself with it. Whether it's a $200 gun or $2000+, use whatever works best. Self defense as a whole isn't a competition to see who can do it the cheapest.

"Proven Combat Pedigree" <------ 🤣 🤡

Almost Jack Burton

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well look at you lol....... "muh CZ is juSt Az Guud" .... more power to you.

That's not the point here.

The point remains that being afraid of carrying a gun due to a possibility of it being taken away, is quite silly. If said gun performs better for you, then you should carry, train, and protect yourself with it. Whether it's a $200 gun or $2000+, use whatever works best. Self defense as a whole isn't a competition to see who can do it the cheapest.

"Proven Combat Pedigree" <------ 🤣 🤡
Pretty sure you missed my point and took offense to the use of Staccato or bedazzled pants or both as a reference point.
CZ is literally the 2nd most copied combat pistol design behind the 1911, where it beats the 1911 is in reliability which yes gives it a far more proven combat pedigree.

Last edited:

Almost Jack Burton

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1911s have a more proven combat pedigree and can cost well over than 5-800. My glocks cost les and is a better edc than both. None of that is relevant. I think you’re missing the point that it doesn’t matter at all. It’s an opportunity cost problem not an accounting cost problem. Out a 500 or 3k gun all beats being dead. That’s the point.
1911 is copied more, not proven more.
As with JD, you missed the point of my original comment.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure you missed my point and took offense to the use of Staccato or bedazzled pants or both as a reference point.
CZ is literally the 2nd most copied combat pistol design behind the 1911, where it beats the 1911 is in reliability which yes gives it a far more proven combat pedigree.

The fact that you mentioned a Staccato is of no consequence to me lol, I don't carry one. I was talking about the poor mentality of being fearful of losing an "expensive" gun, when you should just worry about getting home. Staccato obviously lives rent free though, and again, more power to ya on your CZ chest thumping. Just wait till you figure out what CGW does with one.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1911 is copied more, not proven more.
As with JD, you missed the point of my original comment.
It seems most of us have or…

You inadvertently bring up a point of combat proven small arms… military leadership doesn’t like non combat proven weapons. Which leads to slow adoption of better weapons because you can’t get them in combat, to be proven.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom