Choosing a decent scope around $600

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Familyguy

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m looking into getting a decent optic on my 300 win mag. It must be 30mm minimum, but would prefer 34mm tubes. I’ve done a little research and want to hear what you guys think or maybe someone has a better suggestion for the price point. I’ve been looking into the new vortex venoms 5-25x56 on 34mm tubes for around $500. The Arken optics 34mm tube at the same magnification for $600. It the vortex diamond back tactical in the same zoom. I’ll be getting a cantilever style one pieced machined mount either from vortex or Arken. I’d love to hear your guys input, thanks

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think you can go wrong on either of those. I have seen diamondbacks in the money as well in the 5x25x50 I believe. I bought one for an ar-10 build I haven’t assembled yet. I also might look around for a larue mount, I am damn partial to them

Familyguy

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It will be a mid range dedicated plinker. 1000 yards most likely max. I’ll have to look into the Zeiss scopes as well. And I’m definitely going to look at the euro optics demo bin!

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my first Arken a few weeks ago and it seems built like a tank. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, but first impressions are that it's nice glass. Really liked the reticle design. My other favorite brand for the money is Riton optics. There are some fabulous deals on their stuff that can be had from time to time as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom