Christmas Trees and Stands. Arrrrrrrrhhhhhh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bit late in the season to finally be putting up my tree, but due to hand surgery and a few other things, it just hasn't been possible.

Got our tree a few weeks ago. Had to shag it late (Dec 3/4 time frame) and was informed that there would be no additional shipments into the area. Damn.

Found one, but not ideal. Still and all, nice little tree. Fresh. Real.

Put it one the back porch in water till I could bring it in.

That is what was supposed to happen today.

Got the trusty tree stand down. A few years ago, I got a swivel tree stand. Has been a live (marriage) saver in the past.

Well, the trunk of this tree just wasn't fitting the stand. Truck is only 3.5 inches in diameter. And really, really soft.

Quick run back up the attic latter. Had another stand that I had bought as backup a few years ago. Try that one. Just can't get a good bite on the wood.

"Quick" run to the local stores. Figure I'll try one of the four thumb screw stands. Wood is so soft I can't get the screws to bite and really hold. Damn tree is listing badly.

Try the swivel stand again. Trim a branch or two to try to get it positioned better. OK. Making some progress. Maybe it will work. Wait, what was that noise?

Holy crap. One of the "high density" "unbreakable" support arms just broke. Damn.

After 50 years, I am sad to say that I bought my first artificial tree this evening.

The box does say "some assembly required".

I'm doomed.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom