Clarence Thomas considering retirement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trump is running so that he can throw the election to Hillary. He is a liberal at heart and has been a friend of the Clintons for years. Hide and watch, he will keep ticking off the voter groups until he "accidentally" says something that blows the race.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trump is running so that he can throw the election to Hillary. He is a liberal at heart and has been a friend of the Clintons for years. Hide and watch, he will keep ticking off the voter groups until he "accidentally" says something that blows the race.
not sure you and i have ever agreed on anything before this...
trump is a longtime family friend of the clintons. he's either a shill, or believes in his own snake oil.

why anybody thinks his supreme court picks would be any better, or worse, than hillary's is beyond me. he's got no respect for property rights, why would he have respect for any other rights?

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Should Thomas (77) leave, that slight majority would continue if Donald Trump becomes president. If it's Hillary Clinton, then she would get the chance to flip two Republican seats, giving the liberals a 6-3 majority.

(edit: Thomas' wife has refuted false story of him retiring. evidently his age of 77 reported in story above is false too, it's 68.)

that could switch to a 7-2 majority if Republican Justice Anthony Kennedy, already a swing vote, retires. He will be 80 next year. Ruth Bader Ginsburg will be 83 and fellow liberal Stephen Breyer will be 78.

We recently reported that if Clinton wins the presidency, her majority liberal court could stay in power at least until 2050.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/clarence-thomas-may-be-next-to-leave-supreme-court/article/2594317

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
not sure you and i have ever agreed on anything before this...
trump is a longtime family friend of the clintons. he's either a shill, or believes in his own snake oil.

why anybody thinks his supreme court picks would be any better, or worse, than hillary's is beyond me. he's got no respect for property rights, why would he have respect for any other rights?

Agreed. I do not trust him and think he is playing Ross Perot for the Clintons.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't believe for one second that trump is a plant. He had absolutely nothing to gain from it. And as for him being friends with the clintons, he has admitted to that. But he also said it was for business. He said you have to get along and have friends to make your business successful. If he alienated everyone he wouldn't be the success he is today. I think some people just don't like don't like him as a person so they want to say things like he is a plant, or he is an idiot. Hurling slanderous things is the trademark democrat way. None can back things up with facts so they insult someone instead. Another thing to consider. If trump were a plant and Hilary gets elected, it will really hurt trump as a person and will damage his company as well. Why on earth would he risk that? For money? He already has more than he'll ever need.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Should Thomas (77) leave, that slight majority would continue if Donald Trump becomes president. If it's Hillary Clinton, then she would get the chance to flip two Republican seats, giving the liberals a 6-3 majority.

that could switch to a 7-2 majority if Republican Justice Anthony Kennedy, already a swing vote, retires. He will be 80 next year. Ruth Bader Ginsburg will be 83 and fellow liberal Stephen Breyer will be 78.

We recently reported that if Clinton wins the presidency, her majority liberal court could stay in power at least until 2050.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/clarence-thomas-may-be-next-to-leave-supreme-court/article/2594317

http://thehill.com/regulation/court...clarence-thomas-shoots-down-retirement-rumors

The wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas is slamming reports that her husband is considering retirement.

In a Facebook post, Virginia "Ginni" Thomas called an article in the Washington Examiner “bogus.”

“For all those contacting me about the possibility of my husband retiring, I say --- unsubscribe from those false news sources and carry on with your busy lives.”

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

BTW, Justice Thomas is 68, not 77 years old. From Wikipedia: Clarence Thomas (born June 23, 1948)

Latest posts

Top Bottom