Clay shooting facility

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you can rent at Silverleaf in Guthrie.
A phone call could confirm.
Yeah you can but they only have semi autos, my dad is wanting to buy a decent over under for sleet and trap but would like to try some different guns out, only place I had been was Bass Pros clay facility by Big Cedar Lodge they had a decent selection of browning and beretta over unders that you could try out

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah you can but they only have semi autos, my dad is wanting to buy a decent over under for sleet and trap but would like to try some different guns out, only place I had been was Bass Pros clay facility by Big Cedar Lodge they had a decent selection of browning and beretta over unders that you could try out
There is certainly a plethora of speciality shot guns for skeet or trap out there. Not many designed for crossover though that I’m aware of but it’s been years since shooting those. There could be some now.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One thing to consider is that a shotgun off the shelf rarely fits a shooter correctly. So “test shooting” may not accomplish much.

Most serious skeet and trap shooters make adjustments to the comb and add an adjustable butt plate to fit the gun to them. Many guns come with the adjustable comb but few come with an adjustable butt plate. I personally started with a Browning Citori for skeet and it was a good choice. I had the gun tubed so I could shoot all 4 competition gauges. The inertia trigger spring had to be changed out so the trigger would reset for .410. Some change the triggers to mechanical triggers.

Many guys shooting both skeet and trap purchase a second barrel for trap (single barrel with high rib).

My recommendation for the serious beginner is a Browning. They are a little expensive but are high quality and will last a lifetime with options for the future. Be careful going down this rabbit hole - you can spend tens of thousands of dollars if you start looking at the Kreighoff or Kolar 😀

Latest posts

Top Bottom