Closing University Campus due to Weather........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
When did this begin? This year? A recent trend? I see were OSU Stillwater campus is closed tomorrow, as well as OU. They were never closed in the early 90's. I can remember several trips to Alva, Stillwater, and Weatherford, where either my wife or myself would have to drive through the nastiest crap and take 3 times as long to commute than normal.

Edit, I stated OSU and UCO first, it's OSU and OU as of now.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw all the school closing for today and was wondering what was going on. I didn't get home until around 2 this afternoon from doing some shopping and it wasn't bad out, Just Too dang cold for me.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They didn't close when is was there for 2005-2009. Maybe one time it was really bad. Not the day before it wasn't bad at all.

oh it's so bad some have reported 5 inch drifts.... some guy I know personally stated: I can't find milk, eggs or vegetable oil at the local grocery store!

TyMD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They closed when it was like this between 2006-2010 when I was there. It started because somebody broke their leg going to class. Their dad was a supposedly some big shot lawyer and threatened to sue them.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a fairly new thing. They don't want to get sued.
^^^This is the actual answer. It's a liability issue; I don't know about OSU, but OU has a very large commuter student population, and if they're required to come to campus, the universities potentially assume some amount of liability for what happens to them along the way. Aside from one college that's already in finals, this is Dead Week for OU, so closing this afternoon and tomorrow isn't really a big deal.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
when I was at OBU they never cancelled until a girl slipped down the stairs by the cafeteria and broke her collar bone. threatened to sue (not sure of she ever did) but after that they cancelled at the slightest hint of a flurry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom