Coburn getting ready to sell us out..!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, I'll play along.

Why would the UBC be any more dangerous than the background check we have already today?

I asked first.

What is your argument for why the UBC is not a real and concrete step toward first universal registration, which once established will make gun confiscation much more likely?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I asked first.

What is your argument for why the UBC is not a real and concrete step toward first universal registration, which once established will make gun confiscation much more likely?
You are the one making the claim that UBC leads to registration which our current background check has not led to.
Can you explain how UBC are more of a 2a threat than the background checks we have now?

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are the one making the claim that UBC leads to registration which our current background check has not led to.
Can you explain how UBC are more of a 2a threat than the background checks we have now?

Both are threats to the 2A. To illustrate your argument, consider the following - One country has had forces massed on one of our borders and they haven't attacked yet. Why should we worry when another country is starting to mass forces on another of our borders?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Universal background checks or private non-family background checks are a real and concrete step towards universal registration. Once universal registration is place, confiscation becomes much more feasible.

If you believe otherwise, let's hear your argument.
How so?
Specifically, how does a background check lead to registration and why has it not led to registration thus far?

I'm just asking a question.
If you can't answer the question it's OK. I'll move along.

JM44-40

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't trust Coburn. He's a smart a** and not running for reelection, and he's been known to "jump in bed" with McCain and other so-called moderates on certain legislation.

In 2005, he conducted one of his "Town Hall Meetings" in my town. I confronted him about Yossef Bodansky's warning to congress in February of 1995 about an emminate attack coming on "the heartland" of the United States. This warning was just two months before the Oklahoma City Bombing. His warning is well documented.

Bodansky was the "Director of the Congressional Task Force on Terrorism and Unconventional Warfare" for the US House of Representatives from 1988 to 2004." Coburn was in the House of Representatives at the time.

When I asked Coburn about Bodansky's warning he got pi**ed off and acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. So much for open government!

He was either ignorant of Bodansky's warning or was just trying to evade the subject. Coburn's not a stupid man; he was evading.

I wouldn't trust him.

CoachR64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has not led to registration thus far because of the ability for these guns to be sold or traded privately. A significant number of guns are sold privately. If all sales are now required to go through an ffl, now every gun is being traced and recorded. The Feds will simply come in and make copies of ffl books, giving them a list of all owners. It is also a gateway to more restrictions. Now that we know who has what, we can tax them. We can require storage in a specific manner and stop by to check those laws are being followed. Now that the gov has control of health care, we can raise your premiums as we know you have guns in the home.

I don't see door to door confiscation as a reality. They will use taxes and penalties to attempt to accomplish that goal

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How?
Because the ubc is unenforceable unless you already know what in the system to track.
Then the current background check system is unenforceable too.
If a dealer sells a gun without a BC the feds don't find out until the gun shows up in a crime.
It's the same thing.

To illustrate:

I bought a gun today at soonerstatepawn and I filled out the 4473 and they kept that and I went home with my gun.
If I had bought that gun off of you we would have met up at soonerstatepawn and one of us would have paid the 10 dollar fee and I would have filled out the 4473 which they would have kept and you and I would have conducted a deal.
I don't really see the difference between me buying the gun from them or buying it from you except I pay an extra 10 dollars for the service from SSP.

What am I missing?

Latest posts

Top Bottom