Cold Steel brand knives??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think Cold Steel is great.
Their advertising is over-the-top but lately they have been doing some side-by-side destruction tests of their stuff vs. competitors.
I wouldn't buy from them directly, except maybe the seconds and/or close-outs.
Knifecenter, Amazon, and even Walmart are good online sources for purchase.
Is there a particular model you're interested in?

-Razur

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of them are good knives. Not something to keep in the safe so go ahead and use them. Do catch them on sale though they run specials pretty regular, otherwise they are a bit overpriced IMO. But they have several models I'd put to use if I got a deal on them.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks.
I did check out eBay and Amazon after I posted this.
I was looking at some knives like the Recon 1 folder, Hold out 2 folder, mini AK-47 folder, & the War Hawk.

Razur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr.T, the only one of those I have is a Recon1. I am a huge fan of the first generation of those (which are very hard to find now) because they have Benchmade's Axis lock. The 2nd generation also uses the Axis lock but the scales were a bit too aggressive for my preference. The current generation uses Cold Steel's Triad lock, which is VERY secure and tough. It does make the action very stiff, so expect a break-in period where you won't be able to wrist-flip it open. The scales are great, the grip design is secure, with deep finger grooves. I do have smaller hands, so your mileage may vary.

-Razur

Latest posts

Top Bottom