Colorado Places and Beauty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We took a vacation back in August and stayed at Molas Lake Campground near Silverton. Our nephew has a modified Jeep Rubicon and a friend of his from Albuquerque also had a Jeep, so we all (six of us) did Engineer as well. Great views up that way. Then, we dropped just south of Lake City and headed back west. I'd have to check the maps to see just what route and what passes we crossed.

We were surprised at all the different vehicles that we saw on the passes that day. There were even some up on parts that were in stock Jeep Liberty's.

I've not gone through my photos yet, but here is one that I resized and put on Photobucket.

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We took a vacation back in August and stayed at Molas Lake Campground near Silverton. Our nephew has a modified Jeep Rubicon and a friend of his from Albuquerque also had a Jeep, so we all (six of us) did Engineer as well. Great views up that way. Then, we dropped just south of Lake City and headed back west. I'd have to check the maps to see just what route and what passes we crossed.

We were surprised at all the different vehicles that we saw on the passes that day. There were even some up on parts that were in stock Jeep Liberty's.

I've not gone through my photos yet, but here is one that I resized and put on Photobucket.

Good Pic. thats some really awesome country. One of my favorite places in Colorado. This is also from that same area.
i1137.photobucket.com_albums_n511_48down_SilvertonATV2010_20127_zpsctalyr01.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice shots, Uncle Meat.

I'll have to check out La Salle Pass as that is in the area of where we live (SW of Colorado Springs off of Hwy 115), and while we've been to Ohio City on one occasion, I've not been around Pitkin and the Palisades. I've never been to Taylor Lake either, but we aren't "lake" people. We love to camp near streams, but we've not stayed at many lakes. We did stay at Molas Lake Campground south of Silverton this last summer, but it's rare for us to do so.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love the Columbine. However, I've not been fortunate enough to find some with my current cameras, so I don't have such good closeup shots.

As for the Marble area, the closest I've gotten to there was a trip back in 2010 when we traveled through Colorado with family, well before we retired. We traveled down Highway 133 from Carbondale to Hotchkiss before turning off to go through the area of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. We used to have family in Hotchkiss, so I remember the Black Canyon before they put in the dam. I just don't have pictures from that time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom