COLT 6920 worth it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mach1soldier

Hey guys,

I have been wanting to buy my first ar-15 for awhile now. I have been really interested in the colt LE or SP 6920 for a few reasons.

1. It resembles my duty gun exactly.
2. Colt's seem to hold their resale value very well.
3. I don't want to build an ar-15.

So any thoughts on these? Am I going to be pissed ten years down the road I bought one or do you see them keeping their value and functioning well? I know I could build one cheaper but I'm really not interested in that at this time.

Anyone know the cheapest place to get one that is actually in stock?

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been wanting to buy my first ar-15 for awhile now. I have been really interested in the colt LE or SP 6920 for a few reasons.

1. It resembles my duty gun exactly.
2. Colt's seem to hold their resale value very well.
3. I don't want to build an ar-15.

So any thoughts on these? Am I going to be pissed ten years down the road I bought one or do you see them keeping their value and functioning well? I know I could build one cheaper but I'm really not interested in that at this time.

Anyone know the cheapest place to get one that is actually in stock?

do you see them keeping their value and functioning well? Yes

Don't know who has the best deal.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think Colt will always command a higher price. I think any brand name AR will hold its value over the long haul. Lots of great companies building great AR's right now. Enjoy your search.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not an AR freak by any means and didn't have any for a few years. When I decided to buy another one recently, I went LE6920. Mine has the "restricted" stamping on it as well. There's several reputable companies out there that produce ARs and components but I went the Colt route as an investment. In 10-15 years, an as-delivered Colt in the original box is going to be a good thing to have.

As far as deals, check Walmart. They started carrying Colts recently. I got mine from Ratworx.

I should note that I run the thing. I didn't buy it to be a safe queen or anything like that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom