COLT 6920 worth it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 6920 is definitely worth the cost. Not many off the shelf, mass produced AR's will match it at any price point.

What AR15 does almost everyone compar the others to? Colt
What AR15 that you purchase today, chances are that next year it will be worth what you paid for it or more? Colt
What AR15 is the most collectable? Colt
What AR15 is the most collectable and desired Colt? 6920

I hear this over and over again from customers that either have built or purchased an AR15 that was built by an Oklahoma manufacturer, and added things that they later did not want to it, look at the price of a Colt and Say I could have bought a Colt for far less than I put in this AR15.

Along the same lines of this discussion, people put all kinds of after market items on their weapons, and later take almost all of them off, finding they never needed them, they just looked cool.

I hope this helps,

MF

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get a Colt only if it's ~1000. I'd also snatch one up soon....... as the dealers are going to start jacking up prices soon like they did last election year. Or you can wait until next spring when the hysteria dies down and everyone is overstocked. :D

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a Colt only if it's ~1000. I'd also snatch one up soon....... as the dealers are going to start jacking up prices soon like they did last election year. Or you can wait until next spring when the hysteria dies down and everyone is overstocked. :D

I agree, except I have not seen any for sale for $1000, other than ones that are out of stock. Granted I have not seen the ones at Walmart yet, and they may be that price.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, except I have not seen any for sale for $1000, other than ones that are out of stock. Granted I have not seen the ones at Walmart yet, and they may be that price.

There's been several all over the internet, they come and go in waves and they go REALLY quick.

http://www.slickguns.com/ <----- if someone is patient and checks this every few days they'll find one.

GandR tactical also gets them in fairly frequently and they are priced just over $1k.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, the 6920 is worth it.

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_ColtLE6920MP_FDEM4CARBINE556MAGPULMOE.jpg

Colt LE6920MP-FDE M4 Carbine Flat Dark Earth

At $1,120.00, what's not to love?

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
10 years ago, I would have agreed that Colt is the standard to match. There was only 2 or 3 manufacturers that matched or exceeded Colt in specs and everyone else sold out-of-spec AR copies. This is not so true anymore and even bottom tier manufacturers are starting to get their act together in building rifles to specs. Most of the top tier brands have exceeded Colt in terms of quality and the fact that Colt has largely ignored and given the finger to the civilian market has made me rather cold to the brand. Heck, even Colt couldn't keep to "spec" when they produced civilian friendly versions of the rifle with oversized pins and a few I've seen with "semi-auto" BCG's. Add a 16" barrel with carbine length gas and you're just asking for a finicky rifle prone to failure.

Colt has become stagnant and have been out innovated. It's going to be interesting to see what Colt can do to be relevant again, but unless there a drastic change in talent/culture/mindset with the company, I just don't see them lasting unless they can dupe the gov into another long term exclusive contract. Which if the case, Colt will simply stop innovating again and give the finger to the civilian market again and watch everyone else surpass them.... again.

However, for a pure collector standpoint. If you can find an early Colt, especially pre-ban, then it may be worth the investment. Buying a new Colt would be 50/50 as an investment, in my opinion. If you just want a good rifle to shoot, there's better options for the money.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's been several all over the internet, they come and go in waves and they go REALLY quick.

http://www.slickguns.com/ <----- if someone is patient and checks this every few days they'll find one.

GandR tactical also gets them in fairly frequently and they are priced just over $1k.

Slickguns.com

Price: $1,119.99 Colt LE6920 M4 Carbine 5.56NATO 16" barrel with Super Stock - $1119.99
LE6920 M4 CARBINE 5.56 W/ SUPER STOCK. Throughout the world today, Colt’s reliability, performance, and accuracy provide our Armed Forces the confidence required to accomplish any mission. Specifications: Model: LE6920 Caliber: 5.56x45 NATO Barrel Length: 16.1 inches Bore: Chromed, 6 Grooves, 1-7 inch RH Twist Front Sight: Adjustable Post for Elevation Rear Sight: Adjustable for both Windage and Elevation Extended Length: 35.5 inches Collapsed Length: 32 inches Weight: 6.9 lbs. Action: Direct Gas System, Locking Bolt Finish: Matte Black Features: Rogers Super Stock

GrandR tactical

Colt LE 6920. This is the latest LE 6920 to come out of Colt. It has the "LE" designator, Colt Defense markings, but doesn't have the "Restricted LE Only written on the receiver.
Comes with two 20rd mags, cleaning kit, manual and one QD swivel.
NOTE:If you select anything other than a factory Stock or Charging Handle, the Colt factory components are kept by us to offset the discounts given on the after market parts.
When ordering, put the FFL's name in the Ship To Address so that we can match your FFL up to your order. Then have your dealer fax (330-602-2425) or E-mail their license to us.

Price: $1050.00 OUT OF STOCK

The Out Of Stock, does not count, because when they do get them in stock, from what I have seen in the past the price goes up.

There was a vendor at the gun show this last weekend, that is not permitted to advertize here anymore, that was selling them between $1000. and $1100. But that was a gun show special, I can not speak his name here.

You are correct that the prices should drop a few months after December.

MF

Latest posts

Top Bottom