Colt Defender 45 Pocket Holster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was thinking about getting a pocket holster for my Colt and was curious about general thoughts on pocket holsters, how many actually use one and possible suggestions if you do. I often find myself wanting to just stick my Colt in my pocket and get out the door on my run to Walmart or similar.....

I considered picking up a little 380 pocket pistol to make it easier but tend to prefer a larger caliber....looking at maybe picking up a Kahr PM45 for easy pocket carry and use the colt for belt carry. Anyone have a PM45? Thoughts?

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMO, I wouldn't carry any pistol Locked/Cocked in my pocket. A Kahr might not be too bad. In a 380, my first choice is a Colt Pony, but it's hard to beat a good Ol Fashion hammerless J Frame for pocket carry.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Defender only has two shots and the dang thing is heavy plus you have to cock it to shoot! It's a quality weapon but with the limitations of weight and capacity it's just a fun gun to me. I have one with three different caliber barrels and it shoots well and has no significant recoil. I like it but on a trip carry a Kahr .380 because it's double action and is quicker to pull and shoot if the need arises.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Defender only has two shots and the dang thing is heavy plus you have to cock it to shoot! It's a quality weapon but with the limitations of weight and capacity it's just a fun gun to me. I have one with three different caliber barrels and it shoots well and has no significant recoil. I like it but on a trip carry a Kahr .380 because it's double action and is quicker to pull and shoot if the need arises.
Not sure what you mean by "only has two shots". The Colt Defender is 7+1 in .45 ACP, but it is heavy for it's size. I'm not sure about carrying a 380. We could get into the discussion of "is a 380 enough stopping power for carry" argument but that would again open a whole nother can of worms. I feel comfortable, and confident with the 45 and since I reload it I can get more practice in with it. Of course a 380 is better than nothing.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMO it's much much easier to reach in your pocket and grab the grip of a hammerless j-frame as opposed to anything else.
I'll have to look at the hammerless j-frames. I've had a few revolvers but never a hammerless.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I just use a cheap Blackhawk No.3 soft holster. Keeps the pocket lint off of it and keeps it upright in your pocket. Sometimes I'll carry it IWB with a Milt Sparks too.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20180608_072948.jpg
20170821_163304.jpg
20181206_145324.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom