Colt Light Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hon C

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Colt Light Rifle or know what they value at? I’m fixing to come into possession of one and haven’t decided what I’m going to do with it yet. As its chambered in my primary rifles cartridge, the venerable 30-06, it wouldn’t necessarily fill a roll for me. I’ve read a little bit about the history of Forbes and NULA and understand that the action and barrel may or may not have a value to it. I’ve looked at OutKast arms and believe the old machinest for NULA does conversions for them. Looks like some pretty reputable work. Thanks for any response!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Colt Light Rifle or know what they value at? I’m fixing to come into possession of one and haven’t decided what I’m going to do with it yet. As its chambered in my primary rifles cartridge, the venerable 30-06, it wouldn’t necessarily fill a roll for me. I’ve read a little bit about the history of Forbes and NULA and understand that the action and barrel may or may not have a value to it. I’ve looked at OutKast arms and believe the old machinest for NULA does conversions for them. Looks like some pretty reputable work. Thanks for any response!
I’ve owned at least a couple of them and think I still have one parted out and stuck in the back of my safe that I was going to get a NULA conversion done on. Mine have been really accurate, but like you and not knocking a 30-06, it’s not my first or even third caliber choice.
As far as value, I haven’t seen one for sale in a while, but they generally don’t bring much and tend to be slow sellers because of the caliber.

Latest posts

Top Bottom