COLT POLICE POSITIVE .38 (Snub Nose)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jman253

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently received a COLT .38short police positive (2 in bbl). I have been trying to do a little research but am not finding out much. Id like to know how much the gun is worth and are there many of these snub nose Colt Police Positives around. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_20Dos_PostPics.jpg

Multiple photos, including closeups, would be very helpful. Serial number?

There are quite a few wheelgun pros on OSA, so you should get some help soon.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With all that special info he may prefer Mr. Coltman! LOL

One of my wife's uncles recently acquired a Police possitive in .38 from a his business partners estate. He thought about selling it, and wow was I excited as I think they're really cool pistols. He chose to keep it as it wasn't very valuable. I actually called Colt's customer service with the serial number and they told me when Walt's pistol was made. As for the value. I found a number of them advertised on Guns America and other such web sites...$300-$500 was what I saw. All of the Police Possitives are neat but certainly do some checking with Colt as your pistol may be really really cool for some neat reason.

Latest posts

Top Bottom