Colt WWI Replica Question:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Freeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Colt didn't really hit a home run with this one. All of the stamps on the slide are not polished down flat they stick out, and it is just a G.I. Style pistol for 1,000 dollars. If you are really into these replicas than by all means go for it, but I could spend a grand on a prettier, nicer gun.... or simply buy a Springfield GI and shoot the piss out of it. But to each his own! Happy hunting bud.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Colt didn't really hit a home run with this one. All of the stamps on the slide are not polished down flat they stick out, and it is just a G.I. Style pistol for 1,000 dollars. If you are really into these replicas than by all means go for it, but I could spend a grand on a prettier, nicer gun.... or simply buy a Springfield GI and shoot the piss out of it. But to each his own! Happy hunting bud.

I'm going to go ahead and say you're speaking from inexperience and have never really owned one of these in contrast to a Springer. These guns are finished REALLY well, and overall, better than most Colts I've owned in the past. They are much closer to a G.I. than a Springfield "G.I." and to say the least, much closer to specs or have less inconsistencies.

Hint: There's a reason these are highly sought after in the custom pistolsmith world as base guns.

IN the comment about the Stamps??? Pass the crack pipe?

Chas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like this pistol. My Dad give me his 1911 Colt (built in 1918 and bumper chromed in the 50's) that he'd had since he was a young man. I grew up shooting this pistol and never had any hammer bite issues. It is one of the best feeling pistols I have ever shot or handled. The sights are sorta skimpy, but I like them.

The Colt replica is on my list of "gotta haves", It will match the gun my Dad give me and I will be able to shoot it without having to deal with the shine of the bumper chrome (Sorry Dad, but you know it's my favorite).

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Replica....ummmm, well, not really in a collector since. A shooter...heck yes.

I've got my great grandfathers pistol he carried in WWI. Man-oh-man, it sure is in excellent condition....he was a doctor in WWI and probably didn't if any at all, use it. THAT ONE is the collector, and hangs in a framed box along with dog tags(round in shape).

As for the replica......I just seem to migrate toward this pistol.....I like the fit, style, color(black ones) and I just plain and simple like it.

Yes, in a month I will have one. As Sumoj275 stated, I may need one for each hand. To compare this ( a COLT) to a Springfield........its like comparing a Rolex to a Ulysse Nardin(Tellurium J Kepler..model). Yes they're both watches.......which one far surpasses the other?? Same as a Colt to a Springfield.....just my :twocents:

Cohiba

Latest posts

Top Bottom