"Comes a Horseman"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cedar Creek said:
Is the movie based on a cowboy that returns home to Montana after being injured in Army training? I read two novels with similar titles - I think the other was maybe "Horseman, Pass Me By" or something and it is the story that the movie "Hud" is based on. Both were good books.

Cedar Creek

Larry McMurtry wrote "Horseman, Pass By" and that is the book" Hud" is based on. The screenwriter that wrote "Comes a Horseman" wrote a lot of movies, including "Pursuit of Honor", another great movie. Even with Don Johnson as a '30s era Cav NCO. Never saw a book, but would like to read it.

OKMike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Larry McMurtry wrote "Horseman, Pass By" and that is the book" Hud" is based on. The screenwriter that wrote "Comes a Horseman" wrote a lot of movies, including "Pursuit of Honor", another great movie. Even with Don Johnson as a '30s era Cav NCO. Never saw a book, but would like to read it.

Gonna have to check out the Larry McMutry book, is Pursuit of Honor the movie where they steal the cavalry horses and run them to Canada to save them from being put down? If so, that is a good one as well.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKMike said:
Gonna have to check out the Larry McMutry book, is Pursuit of Honor the movie where they steal the cavalry horses and run them to Canada to save them from being put down? If so, that is a good one as well.

That is the movie.

Latest posts

Top Bottom