"Comprehensive Immigration Reform" What are we reallytalking about?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OK, Lurker. You're going to have to explain more about the land and cattle companies. I've got an agricultural and agribusiness background and I can guarantee you that they are "consuming" a lot of fertilizer and fuel to work the land and feed the cattle by purchasing hay and other products. There isn't much that I've seen where a cow critter is just turned out on some land and subsist completely on the vegetation. Oh, and cattle also need veterinary services and products.

All very true and good points. Replacing the personal income tax with a consumer tax kinda means that a individual could funnel most taxable consumed goods thru a "shell" type LLC. The individual wouldnt own or consume much at all. The company however would.

So if I had a cattle n land company, I could buy stuff thru my company. I wouldn't own it or pay a consumer tax on it. Its a little more complicated than that but thats best I can do while stuffing my face.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
All very true and good points. Replacing the personal income tax with a consumer tax kinda means that a individual could funnel most taxable consumed goods thru a "shell" type LLC. The individual wouldnt own or consume much at all. The company however would.

So if I had a cattle n land company, I could buy stuff thru my company. I wouldn't own it or pay a consumer tax on it. Its a little more complicated than that but thats best I can do while stuffing my face.

The idea is is any consumable good purchased is taxed. Whether by you, or by your company. The .gov still gets its percentage.

And taxing everyone equally for every purchase is the ONLY way a tax can be fair. No deductions, no loopholes, no exemptions, nothing. Corps or peoples, everyone pays the tax on purchases. It's pretty simple, does away with gazillions of dollars in wasted money and .gov bureaucracy.

Of course, that'll never happen. It just makes too damn much sense.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The idea is is any consumable good purchased is taxed. Whether by you, or by your company. The .gov still gets its percentage. And taxing everyone equally for every purchase is the ONLY way a tax can be fair. No deductions, no loopholes, no exemptions, nothing. Corps or peoples, everyone pays the tax on purchases. It's pretty simple, does away with gazillions of dollars in wasted money and .gov bureaucracy. Of course, that'll never happen. It just makes too damn much sense.

This. Oh, and the Fair Tax actually gives a monthly prebate to lower income people to offset the regressive (that's the word liberals use to whine about the "unfair" effect of mathematics) effects of the tax. When people say "but... but... People that make less spend a higher percentage of their income for subsistence" all I can think of is "No doubt, that's how math works." This should be the land of equal opportunity, not the land of government mandated equal results.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
This. Oh, and the Fair Tax actually gives a monthly prebate to lower income people to offset the regressive (that's the word liberals use to whine about the "unfair" effect of mathematics) effects of the tax. When people say "but... but... People that make less spend a higher percentage of their income for subsistence" all I can think of is "No doubt, that's how math works." This should be the land of equal opportunity, not the land of government mandated equal results.

More like .gov-mandated increasing penalties on individual hard work and success.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good point. Folks throw around "comprehensive" and "reasonable" in a lot of political discussion. Mostly to confuse people and paint opponents into a corner.

If we aren't willing to shut down the border and enforce existing immigration/employment laws then there is no point discussing anything else. I'm not drop-dead opposed to amnesty, and I don't think everyone should be put on a bus/plane/train and be shipped home, but I don't want to hear a thing about it until the border is locked down and strict employment enforcement is put into place.

I am totally opposed to amnesty. If you didn't come here legally, you are an illegal alien, and we have laws against illegal aliens.

I am totally opposed to anchor baby's keeping the illegal immigrant parents in this country.

We have a system in place passed by congress and approved by a President of the US to allow immigration under the quota system. Last year we allowed over 700,000 legal immigrants into this country for naturalization. Each of these individuals have to go through a screening for not only criminal activity, but a medical checkup for communicable diseases.

Ellis Island wasn't used just to contain immigrants, it was also used to contain any communicable diseases before they were allowed to leave the island. Way before modern communications, and the internet made all of that obsolete.

The porous border has allowed criminals, terrorists and folks with communicable diseases into this country to assimilate into community's unchecked, overloading our charity organizations, and with their lack of education, having a terrible effect on our economy.

#1 priority like SMS said is to lock down the borders. Note I said borders. If we shut down the southern border, the northern border will become a hot bed of illegal immigration. Right now, under the radar, there is a serious problem with illegal's crossing the border in the Vancouver/Seattle area. Mostly from Oriental country's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom