Conceal carry questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navy_chief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys,
I am a retired Navy Veteran as shown in my handle.

My question is it a prerequisite to have completed a conceal weapons course to apply for a CC permit in Oklahoma?

Or does my military background suffice for the class and I just need to pay my fees and fill out the paperwork with the state?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, gotta take the class still but you can skip the live fire portion.

Not so fast. Seems to depend on who the instructor is. I'm a retired Infantry Marine and my DD-214 only says that I "qualified with the service pistol"; it didn't specify 1911 or M9 so I had to shoot that part of the course too to satisfy the smug, arrogant jerk who taught the SDA course I took. I didn't want to argue or make it a big deal; he seemed happy as hell he could assert his authority, so I just shot that part and shined his rotund ass on. By the way, welcome to OSA, Chief.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am setting up another free class with some Navy personnel in Tulsa sometime in the next few weeks, you're welcome to come join us if you want to make the drive.

Date is not set for sure but I will post it on here when I have one.

BTW, all active duty military, their spouses, and diabled vets are free at our CCW classes.

SDAinstructor

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am an instructor and as long as it states you qualified with a service pistol then thats good to me. A little intelligence tells me that the US military had two main service pistols. 1911 and the Beretta 92. Both semiautos. Again, good enough for me.

Navy_chief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am setting up another free class with some Navy personnel in Tulsa sometime in the next few weeks, you're welcome to come join us if you want to make the drive.

Date is not set for sure but I will post it on here when I have one.

BTW, all active duty military, their spouses, and diabled vets are free at our CCW classes.

I really appreciate the offer however I just enrolled in a class at Big boys Guns and Ammo lot closer and more convient for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom