Conflicted.... Card #34

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you think physical ability or knowledge will be more valuable to your group in a survival scenario? Who would you rather team up with? A 70 year old female who knows how to live off of the grid but needs almost constant physical assistance, or a 28 year old man who only offers a strong back to your group?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'll be different and play devils advocate.

I'll take the strong back. But only because I think I have enough knowledge to survive.

Food, water, shelter, fire....so easy a cave man(or cave woman) can do it. If you hafta rely on a 70 yo to survive, you better have a strong back. Your surviving for 2 ppl. Lots a extra energy to support 2 rather than 1.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be different and play devils advocate.

I'll take the strong back. But only because I think I have enough knowledge to survive.

Food, water, shelter, fire....so easy a cave man(or cave woman) can do it. If you hafta rely on a 70 yo to survive, you better have a strong back. Your surviving for 2 ppl. Lots a extra energy to support 2 rather than 1.

I think you'd be wrong this time, honey ... :naughty: That 70-year-old woman, besides her knowledge, can most likely take care of every single child out there, while cleaning and cooking meals while all the rest of the younger, physically stronger "kids" can do the manual labor it takes to run a self-sufficient farm, not to mention she most likely will handle most difficult emotional situations in stride (btdtbtts, lived through it kinda deal). I think you are vastly underestimating the strength and support she can provide, both physically and psychologically, to the group as a whole.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think you'd be wrong this time, honey ... :naughty: That 70-year-old woman, besides her knowledge, can most likely take care of every single child out there, while cleaning and cooking meals while all the rest of the younger, physically stronger "kids" can do the manual labor it takes to run a self-sufficient farm, not to mention she most likely will handle most difficult emotional situations in stride (btdtbtts, lived through it kinda deal). I think you are vastly underestimating the strength and support she can provide, both physically and psychologically, to the group as a whole.

I'm only offering a different veiw. I'd take the old gal too.

Other than not being 70 or a woman, me n her prolly have a lot in common. My old broke down self prolly couldnt survive unless I got me a 27 yo strong backed kid lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom