Conflicted.... Card #37

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the edge of the collapse, a close friend who isn't a prepper begs you to help buy him and his young family some supplies. Upon your arrival, the supermarket is packed with people who want to secure supplies as well, and emotions are running high. Your friend separates from you to grab something, and suddenly an argument breaks out over food. Three men try to intimidate your friend. He snaps and pulls out a weapon, incapacitating two of the men. Chaos takes over, the police are on their way.
What would you do in this situation?

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Idiot-friend, is now just idiot. See ya. Time to egress back to my family where I should have stayed to begin with. This demonstrates continued poor decision making on his part and could potentially compromise my and my families security.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grab friend, break contact, move quickly to another location not associated with any hide sites and wait. If either of you are stupid enough to still have a cell phone on you ditch that and move again. While waiting, contact other team members securely as possible to give a sitrep.
Split up and make your way back to rally point/ hide site via separate routes.
Im not ditching a friend who i thought well enough about to take grocery shopping during the initial panic just because he or she effed up like this.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dude came late to the party but apparently he can shoot, ain't afraid to shoot, took action to secure what he needed and had the wisdom to contact me for help.

I kinda like him although he was slow to realize it, when SHTF, he acted and came to the right guy. Welcome to the team.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude came late to the party but apparently he can shoot, ain't afraid to shoot, took action to secure what he needed and had the wisdom to contact me for help.

I kinda like him although he was slow to realize it, when SHTF, he acted and came to the right guy. Welcome to the team.

^^I like this.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grab friend, break contact, move quickly to another location not associated with any hide sites and wait. If either of you are stupid enough to still have a cell phone on you ditch that and move again. While waiting, contact other team members securely as possible to give a sitrep.
Split up and make your way back to rally point/ hide site via separate routes.
Im not ditching a friend who i thought well enough about to take grocery shopping during the initial panic just because he or she effed up like this.

I lean this way with a toss down a cheap knife on one of the bodies if there wasn't a weapon involved in the intimidation, just to cover any bases if/when society recovers. If there wasn't a weapon involved, there would definitely be some counseling going over escalation of force. Bodies draw attention.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
man so many good replies. I really need to mull this one because I am torn between aviators response which is full of wisdom and Lurkers response which is also full of wisdom....

My friends can barely get me to go to wal-mart with them now so I may be the last person they want to approach in a collapse to take them shopping... i'm pondering.

Sunshine7388

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If said friend is close enough to me to get me to go out with chaos breaking loose, it must be a good friend, therefore I doubt I would just separate myself from them and leave them behind. The card just says incapacitate and not kill, so maybe they just pistol whipped the guys. I would probably err on the same side as Lurker on this one.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The card just says incapacitate and not kill, so maybe they just pistol whipped the guys. I would probably err on the same side as Lurker on this one.

hmm this is true, the card does say that he pulled out a weapon and incapacitated, he could've just whacked them with a brick or something. I doubt I would leave my friend. Im with you if they are good enough to get me to go then they are probably good enough to take up for. So that being said. I would grab friend and make a hasty retreat out of the store.

Latest posts

Top Bottom