Conflicted.... Card #9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This card didnt really work for me. I know a few Leo's, and theyre kinda cool. Its almost like asking "would you shoot your buddy?" Then add in the whole forum thing combined with prepper paranoia........naaa didnt dig this card.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This card didnt really work for me. I know a few Leo's, and theyre kinda cool. Its almost like asking "would you shoot your buddy?" Then add in the whole forum thing combined with prepper paranoia........naaa didnt dig this card.

I hear ya. Kinda why I haven't posted in this one.

Like I tell GC all the time, there are certain things I know are gonna be bad. Just because I can doesn't mean I want to ... :nolike:

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Card didn't say "he's your buddy".
And if "he's your buddy" is he going to run you in and have you subjected to all of this?

If he was my buddy, hopefully we'd have a way out of this situation that allowed both of us to survive.

If "he's your buddy" and the only one that can finger you, he might take a whap on the head and let you get away.
Light Head trauma might excuse a poor memory.

Hard times and hard choices for everyone.

Dave

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard times and hard choices for everyone.

Dave

If nothing else gets taken away from these scenarios, that's the God's honest truth of the deal ... :nolike: Those folks running around who can't wait for this country to fall are not gonna like it much when they can't just hit the reset button on some controller ... Suffering is never pretty ... or glamorous ... or fun and games. Some people's kids ... :disappoin

Opps ... :lookaroun Kinda got on my soapbox there ... sigh ... Sorry ...

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If nothing else gets taken away from these scenarios, that's the God's honest truth of the deal ... :nolike: Those folks running around who can't wait for this country to fall are not gonna like it much when they can't just hit the reset button on some controller ... Suffering is never pretty ... or glamorous ... or fun and games. Some people's kids ... :disappoin

Amen Sister!!
It is easy to sit in front of a screen or at a table with a beer and "what if" and "yeah, I'll do..."
Much harder to actually have to put thoughts into action.
Real time is much different than Play time.

Dave

Johnjosiah

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope what little I have done is enough to get me through another ice storm and such. But, I don't know if it is really possible to be prepared for total collapse. I know a lot of folks who hope TEOTWAWKI happens tomorrow I am just not in that group. The amount of pain, suffering and death would be beyond what any of us could comprehend. The black death of the 14th century would likely be child's play in comparison. Are any of us really ready to just watch you kids or grandkids die for no good reason...pneumonia, flu, appendicitis, asthma attack, cellulitis, cholecystitis (bad gall bladder), UTI, diarrhea/vomiting. These suddenly become rapidly deadly and can exhaust even a decent size hospital in days without restocking let alone a lone group. A few bags of IV fluids are peeing i the wind to a septic person try 10 or 20 or more for just 1 person. A stock bottle of antibiotics will treat maybe 15 to 30 people if you really push the minimum doses. That is just not very many. 50 4x4s for a relatively minor wound is not uncommon...how much quick clot can you carry. 10,000 bullets and 100,000 people looking to take what you have bad odds. I will settle for the current status quo forever.

Anyway back to the card...I don't know what I would do I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I hope I never have to.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed that it would be a very very tough situation... and I have no desire to take the life of the average Joe just doing his job. However... we as thinking humans have a responsibility to stand up and refuse to follow unjust orders. Or so I believe, anyways. I would never enforce an order or policy like this, and I hope no one else would try to enforce it on me.

But providing for my family take precedence over everything else, unfortunately. I don't believe the good cops I know (like GC) and the many many many I have had the pleasure of being close to over the years would enforce these kinds of rules. In fact, many I have spoken with specifically stated to me they would not. They would not come into our homes to collect our guns. They would not enforce the rationing of food. Curfews and movement restrictions might be a little more gray, I don't know. But civil disobedience and the eventuality if possible or probable martial disobedience (is that a legit term?) are also the responsibility of the general public.

Or so I believe.

But BB is right... those hoping for the end of society may very well be very very shocked at how ugly it gets. It's not going to be a simple reorganization... we're talking massive person-on-person crime. And the only way to be ready for that is to be OVER prepared, unfortunately.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I say cut his head off, stake it to the hood of his car and make it drive into the "base" where he came from Road House style after loading it full of dynamite and setting the trigger to ignite just as it hits the front window.

Cameras better be rollin' cause it's gonna be epic.

My answer is as practical as the question - don't hate me.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Backed into THAT corner, I see no course but introduce him to my 'little friend' :gun2: Burn everything to destroy evidence.

I don't think ALL JBT's would be keen on enforcing such a goobermint action, those who do should know there will be those who will react in such a manner.

We may be closer to this scenario than I care to think about. The next 2 years may be the beginning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom