Conquer Grass Fires On Your Property With This Must-have DIY Kit!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He is wrong on the slapping!

Don’t slap it. Tie the burlap to a 4 to 5ft pole, dip in bucket and drag it along. Again “Do Not Slap” just simply drag and keep it wet.

If you want to do it up even better, take a small metal rod and drill a hole through the pole. Insert the small metal rod and tie the burlap to each end of the rod to keep the burlap wide like a mop head.

IMG_0158.png

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Leaf blowers work great too, blow it back against itself if the flame hight is small. Or use it to blow fuel out of the way prior to the fire. Works great in the timber, heavy grasses it will be pointless.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Usually the slapping is used in tall grasses to knock the grass and flames closer to the ground where just dragging doesnt work i have done it both ways when i was younger now i used my mower and leaf blower.

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the best investments for our little farm was a small heavy duty 5x8 trailer with a 330 gal IBC tote and harbor freight 35 gpm transfer pump.

We’re now able to have 2 ponds for the ducks, automatic waterers for the chickens goats and dogs and I’ve put out 3 small grass fires. 2 from me and 1 from the neighbor. I was able to handle both without the FD. When the transfer pump is on low, it can spray for almost a full hour from that IBC. On full blast it puts out a fire quick.

All in we’re at $1500 and outside of our tractor we use that thing the most. I loaded my generator on it and used it with my cement mixer to make a 4x8 pad in the woods. It was perfect.

Latest posts

Top Bottom