Couple of old Bears (not the animals)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recent additions to my toy collection. '68 Zebrawood Tigercat and '70 K-Hunter. Both are in good shape, and shoot nice.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nice, are they grayling?

Yep, Grayling and pre stabilzer inserts. These are my first vintage Bears and I think I might need a couple more, they have some cool mojo. Great craftsmanship for "working mans" bows.

Judging by the strings they came with, I am the first peson to shoot them since Ford was in office. Looks like they have just been sitting on a shelf somewhere, no cracks or twists and the finish is all there.
I have been concentrating on the K-Hunter, I think it might go hunting with me this year.

(BTW, Jon Voight used a Kodiak Hunter in "Deliverance", and I'm pretty sure it was also a '70.)

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bring it to McAlester on Saturday and shoot the course with it!

Actually I did stop in at the trad shoot, but didn't shoot the course. I've hunted Mac before, but never been to the shoot, so I wanted to check it out and go on a velvet tour. Might have to shoot it next year, looked like fun. Doubtful I'd come back with any arrows though!

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually I did stop in at the trad shoot, but didn't shoot the course. I've hunted Mac before, but never been to the shoot, so I wanted to check it out and go on a velvet tour. Might have to shoot it next year, looked like fun. Doubtful I'd come back with any arrows though!

It's not as bad as you'd think. I made it through the whole thing without breaking or losing an arrow. Give it a shot next year. Tons of fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom