Court decision paves the way for Australian-style gun ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ok, they all read 2074 pages of the bill and 20,000 pages of instructions to implement it. Every one of them. I believe you.

Never said they actually read the entire bill, they rarely do. I said they had time. The article was about a bill that was presented 15 minutes before being voted on. You said that was the same as what happened with Obamacare. I was pointing out that you were simply wrong. Congress, and the American people, had 3 months to read the Amendments and over 6 months to read the bill.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never said they actually read the entire bill, they rarely do. I said they had time. The article was about a bill that was presented 15 minutes before being voted on. You said that was the same as what happened with Obamacare. I was pointing out that you were simply wrong. Congress, and the American people, had 3 months to read the Amendments and over 6 months to read the bill.

I would be surprised if any of them read it. In the words of Pelosi - we have to pass it to know what's in it. Now there was a model for a Speaker of the House.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The same issues have been talked about for my whole life. Gay marriage, abortion and weed are legal, still legal and being legalized. Prayer in school is still gone. The calls for gun control are so loud that gun owners are afraid of open carry. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, though.

So you want to compromise someone else's rights to marry and be free of religion, but yet you want your right to have guns respected? See any hypocrisy in that?

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New Yorkers should just sack up and be men; Connecticut tried the "assault weapons registry", and wasn't it anywhere from 50,000 to 350,000 or so people with "assault rifles" (or was that the amount of weapons?) refused to register? Now what? Exactly. If the majority just flips them the bird, there's little they can do but look stupid. Ignore their unconstitutional nonsense, and carry on. They can't jail hundreds of thousands of gun owners, unless that's what the whole tinfoil "FEMA camps" are about........

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would be surprised if any of them read it. In the words of Pelosi - we have to pass it to know what's in it. Now there was a model for a Speaker of the House.

The actual quote was, "“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it – away from the fog of the controversy.” Emphasize mine. She was not saying that they (congress) didn't know what was in the bill. She was telling an audience that once the bill passes, they will see how great it is. I'm not saying I agree with what she said, but that quote has been taken out of context to a ridiculous degree.

Here's the quote in more context:
"“You’ve heard about the controversies within the bill, the process about the bill, one or the other. But I don’t know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, prevention — it’s about diet, not diabetes. It’s going to be very, very exciting.

“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy. Furthermore, we believe that health care reform, again I said at the beginning of my remarks, that we sent the three pillars that the President’s economic stabilization and job creation initiatives were education and innovation — innovation begins in the classroom — clean energy and climate, addressing the climate issues in an innovative way to keep us number one and competitive in the world with the new technology, and the third, first among equals I may say, is health care, health insurance reform. Health insurance reform is about jobs. This legislation alone will create 4 million jobs, about 400,000 jobs very soon."

blazeitornot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you want to compromise someone else's rights to marry and be free of religion, but yet you want your right to have guns respected? See any hypocrisy in that?
You misunderstood. It's great that people can marry who they want. I'm glad weed is becoming legal and I'm fine with abortion being legal. Weed and gay marriage(mostly liberal) changed rather quickly and at about the same time while abortion and prayer in school(mostly cons) didn't. And now the mostly liberal cries for gun control are so loud that the mostly conservative pro gun crowd is scared to open carry in a gun state. I was just amused that the losers are telling people that everything's all good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom