Crow season opens Oct. 10th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seeing a Crow in Western Oklahoma is pretty rare now a day.
Back in the 1970's they would make the sky Black at times. They Love Peanuts. Caddo County, Ft. Cobb Lake area was one of the major Peanut Producers in that time. They used to spray Soaps on there roosts, put TNT in tree rows, just about ever thing imaginable to kill them. Now if you see Two or Three Crow together in the area it is a special site.
I know they reeked havoc on Peanuts, but I miss seeing them. We used to have a blast as a kid hunting them.
Very smart bird. You almost have to get one to make a decoy to get another good shot. After that first shot they had you marked. There were enough birds in the air to communicate your location, they would fly around you for a good time after a shot. I would not even shoot one now, I have a great respect for them and fond memories.
I still have a few of the "crow guns" my grandparents used to try and chase them away from the peanut fields.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Several crows out behind our place today. Sadly can not shoot them in Edmond City limits. The yuppies would pee their panties.

I am protecting my “yard” pecan trees I planted 30 years ago now. Got the squirrels out maneuvered but having to deal with the crows. On 5 acres in OKC limits but my Beeman pellet gun does an excellent job and not too noisy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom