cryogenic treatment in OKC/Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBird

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there a local place that cryo treats? I'm wanting to get my .50 BMG target gun treated befor I go shooting it and most of the places I'v found are on the east coast. The other issue is that its too long for most treatment tanks that are close-ish and the place in NY can handle it, I just don't want to ship it off.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1

From everything I've read, cyro treating needs to be done in concert with the heat treating process of the barrel, not after it's all been done, to have any real benefit.

Shilen also did some studies and couldn't find any noticeable alleviation of the residual stresses in steel after doing it.

I think there may be some validity to it, but like I said, I believe it probably has to be done as part of the heat treating process, not an afterthought.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude really don't waste your cash! it ain't all that heck not even a bag of chips. I had a 22-250 done that was a solid .300 rifle and when I got it back it was still a solid .300 rifle! so what did I get from the cryo? lighter pockets. Later,

Kirk

Latest posts

Top Bottom