Cub Scout on the Move

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We just got back from Camp George Thomas. What a great time, and a great place! Terran is a Wolf, and gung-ho!

Stopping for a picture on a hike

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v235_TheGunsOfElGuapo_Fearlessadventureseeker.jpg

On the trail
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v235_TheGunsOfElGuapo_atGTonthetrail.jpg

Picture in a little cave with the old man
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v235_TheGunsOfElGuapo_IntheburialcaveatGT.jpg

Spooky bridge
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v235_TheGunsOfElGuapo_MetalbridgeatGT.jpg

Nature study stuff
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v235_TheGunsOfElGuapo_Wagonride.jpg

Pack leading a fun song at the big camp fire (sorry, bad pic)
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v235_TheGunsOfElGuapo_Photo0543.jpg

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do it for both of us! I have my own selfish reasons too! Thanks though!

We are really proud of both the boys. They are both smart, eager, and honest. If I could only keep up with them! (cough cough, wheeze, gasp!)

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
good stuff!

My boy is a wolf also...we were supposed to do the George Thomas thing this coming weekend but were late and they were booked up.

Our pack has almost 50 kids, and with SO many active parents (a good thing!), we had to split it up and do two separate weekends.

You really have to book early. Lots and lots of folks go. It fills up REALLY fast. If you ask them, they will put you on a list, and let you know if there are any cancellations (if I'm not mistaken). Are other folks in your pack going? If not, and you can get in, you can get on another pack's schedule and do activities with them, or on your own. Call them often, and maybe you can get a spot. It's worth the effort. The food is REALLY good too!

I think that it's busier than normal, as it's the 75th anniversary of the camp.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our pack has almost 50 kids, and with SO many active parents (a good thing!), we had to split it up and do two separate weekends.

You really have to book early. Lots and lots of folks go. It fills up REALLY fast. If you ask them, they will put you on a list, and let you know if there are any cancellations (if I'm not mistaken). Are other folks in your pack going? If not, and you can get in, you can get on another pack's schedule and do activities with them, or on your own. Call them often, and maybe you can get a spot. It's worth the effort. The food is REALLY good too!

I think that it's busier than normal, as it's the 75th anniversary of the camp.

yeah we are on the waiting list. We have I think around 25 or so active scouts now and not many active parents. we were trying to find somewhere else to do a close by camp this weekend but think we are gonna cancel for now. You would think having at least 3 of us BALOO trained we could find somewhere

I hope to get to go out there soon.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah we are on the waiting list. We have I think around 25 or so active scouts now and not many active parents. we were trying to find somewhere else to do a close by camp this weekend but think we are gonna cancel for now. You would think having at least 3 of us BALOO trained we could find somewhere

I hope to get to go out there soon.

Hang in there!

When my 16 year old was in Webelos, we were in Pack 18. The only involved parents in the pack, for the most part, were the leaders. I think we had almost 50 kids. It was a hard road. Lots of parents think BSA stands for BabySitters of America. Sucks for the kids.

I don't recall the big people to little people ratio in the Safe Scouting requirements, but I'm sure you know already that it differs with age. When Tyler was a Webelo, we went on a campout with some Boy Scouts, and had it not been for the adult leaders of the troop going, we couldn't have gone. I think I had 12 Webelos, if I remember right. Not one parent went. Jerkwads.

Terran and I are in Pack 27. GREAT parental involvement, great group of kids, and very active. Night and day difference! Back to being fun!

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hang in there!

When my 16 year old was in Webelos, we were in Pack 18. The only involved parents in the pack, for the most part, were the leaders. I think we had almost 50 kids. It was a hard road. Lots of parents think BSA stands for BabySitters of America. Sucks for the kids.

I don't recall the big people to little people ratio in the Safe Scouting requirements, but I'm sure you know already that it differs with age. When Tyler was a Webelo, we went on a campout with some Boy Scouts, and had it not been for the adult leaders of the troop going, we couldn't have gone. I think I had 12 Webelos, if I remember right. Not one parent went. Jerkwads.

Terran and I are in Pack 27. GREAT parental involvement, great group of kids, and very active. Night and day difference! Back to being fun!

we are pack 117 baden powell district and manage to get enough to get by but a good camp out for us we get maybe 12-15 kids average. We just happen to have a few good parents in the mix that will be there in support for camp outs otherwise those of us in leadership positions would be struggling.

Fun stuff at our last meeting of an outdoor flag ceremony and folding of the flag...somethin to be said when prior Army and current AF fold a flag together.

Latest posts

Top Bottom