Cub Scout on the Move

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie Hunter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dave,

" I do it for both of us! I have my own selfish reasons too " I understand that. When my son was in Scouts I think I had more fun than he did, Philmont was a blast. My son is a Eagle and when a son makes Eagle so do the parents. It takes a lot of parent participation.

Dave your on the right track keep up the good work.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dave,

" I do it for both of us! I have my own selfish reasons too " I understand that. When my son was in Scouts I think I had more fun than he did, Philmont was a blast. My son is a Eagle and when a son makes Eagle so do the parents. It takes a lot of parent participation.

Dave your on the right track keep up the good work.

Thanks! It is a lot of fun. Sometimes makes me get a little teary!

I never have been to Philmont (yet!), but when I was a kid, I went to Camp Alexander, in Colorado, two years in a row. What a place! Hope we get to go there some day!

Hey, did you know Kickapoo is no longer called Kickapoo???!!!!???? Some nerve!

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v235_TheGunsOfElGuapo_IntheburialcaveatGT.jpg

That's a great pic of your son and Paul Giamatti.:rotflmao:

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man that brings back lots of good memories. I spent about 20 years involved in Scouting. I started Tiger Cubs in first grade and I worked at a BSA Summer Camp in Kansas from the time I was 15 until I finished college and had to enter the real world.

Good real world training, and still available for more!

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, lots of Wolf dads here. We're off to the Spook-a-Ree at Will Rogers some weekend soon (internet opsec :) ). Anyway, I'm like you guys, I think I was signing me up instead of the boy. He loves it. This is our first year, and we got our Bobcat badge at the first pack meeting. The kid is motivated! I'm appalled about the Kickapoo name change too. Oh well. We're in pack 280 and seem to have a great bunch of kids and parents.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, lots of Wolf dads here. We're off to the Spook-a-Ree at Will Rogers some weekend soon (internet opsec :) ). Anyway, I'm like you guys, I think I was signing me up instead of the boy. He loves it. This is our first year, and we got our Bobcat badge at the first pack meeting. The kid is motivated! I'm appalled about the Kickapoo name change too. Oh well. We're in pack 280 and seem to have a great bunch of kids and parents.

Right on!

Terran is really self motivated too. No stumbling on the Promise, Law of the Pack, and so on. He likes to do all the extra requirements (you know, "do this, or one of these"), and so on. I was nothing like that as a kid. Makes me happy. Hope keeps that as he gets older.

Latest posts

Top Bottom