custom build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do ya think.
All the best stuff. Painted carbon fiber body full cage certified 8.0 narrowed 9" rearend.
22 MPG because it has a stock 2.3 4 cylinder and 2 barrel carb with stock 4 speed.

1704809884804.png

What is it worth??

:)

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do ya think.
All the best stuff. Painted carbon fiber body full cage certified 8.0 narrowed 9" rearend.
22 MPG because it has a stock 2.3 4 cylinder and 2 barrel carb with stock 4 speed.

View attachment 443736
What is it worth??

:)

Nothing to me because it sits too low to the ground.

Time was, I wanted one of those two-seater British sports cars, but in the '70's the wife and I were looking for a second vehicle. I had the chance to drive one at a used car dealer, but after I pulled out into traffic and could only see the bumper of the vehicle in front of me, I decided that I no longer had that urge.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In spite of it having a 4 banger, I like it! It would be nice if that 4 cylinder was a 2.3 Ecoboost... It would put those rear tires to good use. I'd thought of offering you a price that I would pay for it but I would not want to insult you. Would be nice to get a 351 Cleveland under that hood in retrospect, forget the 2.3... Go old school. Nice car, be great for a starter fun car.

Last edited:

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are You selling It? I find it odd to spend the money for carbon fiber body parts and not hop up the motor any. That is kind of like some of the old Lotus sportscars, very light weight and small motors. My Fiat 500 Sport has every engine mod done that can be done without tearing the motor down. At 130 hp in a lightened car it is a fun ride. It can get 41 mpg but, I won't let it.
my Fiat 2023 (14).JPG

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No it's not mine and I do not think it is my cup of tea.
Over built chassis for a ho hum engine.

My son has a mini and it is a 4 banger with a supercharger and nitrous.
That little thing is ridiculous.
Smoke the tires at 70 mph

I do like the fact it has the smaller pre 1975 Mandated 5 mph bumpers. They look properly proportioned. As for the exploding jokes, if the gas tank has been properly bracketed per the recall explosion may not be an issue. There is an easier way to prevent it from being rear ended, get a 351 Cleveland Boss under the hood, no one will catch up with it.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last pinto I purchased was from arrow wrecker and I paid 145 for it and after parting it out i made 45 bucks and kept the front suspension and stuck it under my 1947 Dodge truck.
Still driving the Dodge. :)

That is the most I ever spent on a Pinto in my life.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kept thinking about you every time I passed a certain side yard just south of 151st on the east side of Kiefer. Somebody had a rattle-canned mottled dark purple Pinto set up like a dragster--it looked like it would be right at home next to that camo Corolla. It had a For Sale sign in the window for the longest time, but I guess he finally got reasonable enough on the price, as it disappeared a little while back.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I lived in Spencer on the corner of NE46th and Post road years ago.
I came home one day from work and the wife asked me if I had seen the 2 cars for sale at the wrecker service on Spencer road.
I said NOPE.
She said how could you miss them they have $100 written on the windshields .
She continued and said well anyway I bought both of them and one is a1980 4 cylinder pinto with 4 speed that needs a throwout bearing is what the guy told me and the other is a 1977 Mercury Cougar XR7 2 door with 351M.

She said for $100 each how can you say no.
I wish I still had some of those old cars.

I fixed all the oil leaks on the Mercury and gave it to her sister.
She did not respect that car.
Tore the interior all up and busted up the dash with her feet and carved names in the dash with a knife.

WTF is wrong with some people.

The pinto needed the transmission bolts tightened up is all that was wrong with it.
22 MPG with 355 Posi track and 4 speed transmission.
I tweaked the engine a bit and that thing was super fun to drive.
I stuck 245-60-14 tires on the back :)

Buddy has a V6 mustang 2007 maybe and it has 215 tires on it.. Sad just Sad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom