Custom lee single stage press

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
That may have been my earliest experiment.
I will say Mr Owl was in a hurry and that one took a long time and more than 3 licks.
I was pretty young and I was concerned with the wetness or dryness of my tongue messing up the results.

Buddy was near me and messed up my count just about at the end.

How many times can you Full length size and fire a .308 case with 168 gr bullet and a very accurate load of varget?
I know the answer for a few different head stamped cases ..at least in my gun.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried my hardest to light off some smokless powder with spark and static.

View attachment 143799

I put 3031 powder into it and began striking and sparks were flying all over the powder and under it and it would not light off.
I also stuck 3031 into a sidelock muzzloader and removed the nipple and added 3031 under the nipple and installed nipple and #11 cap and pop. then another cap ..pop. and 1 more cap pop goes the cap and never lit the 3031 powder.

I have spilled powder and primers on carpet and vacuumed them up to see if anything would happen. Nothing happened.

I have spilled bullseye and 231 and varget and none of it sparks off when vacuuming.

I reload in an upstair bedroom and humidity is usually 40%.
The torch striker experiment was done outside..I thought for sure it would light off.

I bet pyrodex or 777 would light off.

I also experimented with pointy led tipped jacketed bullets in a 30-30 to see if I could make a primer go off.
The lead tip deformed and no primer explosion. I then got some hard pointy bullet Nosler custom competition 175 gr and set it against the primered only 30-30 case and began wacking the bullet with a hammer and it did set the primer off.

Plastic tip Amax bullets would not set them off.
CCI200.

Then used Federal 210M in a 30-30 case with the Lee wack-a-mole and it did ignite on me when seating the primer.
Hard primers only for that.

People talk about stuff and I am the guy to experiment.

tenor.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom