Custom T/C Encores...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hi-kountry-okie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome rigs you have there , do you offer services for head spacing/shimming the firing pin? beginning to have a little misfire trouble with my encore , have the bellm #51 lb. hammer spring already installed , hinge pin has a very tight fit some time near interference fit it seems but I guess it doesn't mean that it may be a little loose through the hinge lug may need an over sized pin but don't have the gauge to determine the head spacing , love the encores but definitely not maintenance free.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hi-kountry-okie,

yes, I do shim the firing pin bushing to help eleminate any and all misfires...

I would need your barrel and frame to set your rig up for proper headspacing...

Do you shoot factory ammo or handloads? If you shoot handloads, then you can control the headspace. If you shoot nothing but factory ammo, then I would need 2 rounds to use as headspace gauges when setting this up for you....

D&T

hi-kountry-okie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot factory loads at the moment and will be needing this repaired before next hunting season , would it be possible to talk to you in the near future about having this done? I'm in the process of searching for another t/c frame and would like to see this done for future maintenance issues.

hi-kountry-okie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would speculate from an machinist point of view that a dial gauge woud be the proper instrument to measure with but would plastic gauge on the back of the case head while closing the action be a sufficient alternative, then measure plastic gauge and shim accordingly to a near .001 gap distance? still trying to determine which hinge pin method would be kosher Mike Bellm or E.A. Brown tend to egree with Bellm for tightening up the clearances but more wear bigger hinge pin , more wear bigger hinge pin , etc..etc..etc... then what? at the point of extremely excessive wear , any thoughts would be greatly appreciated .

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot factory loads at the moment and will be needing this repaired before next hunting season , would it be possible to talk to you in the near future about having this done? I'm in the process of searching for another t/c frame and would like to see this done for future maintenance issues.

You can talk to me any time you get ready....

D&T

hi-kountry-okie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
man , I had know idea who you were until I checked out your D & T web site , I remember reading a 5 pro hunter rifle test on Bellms site a while back when you cut the barrels for accuracy you are a humble man when it comes to your gunsmithing/machinist knowledge and experience , you guys need to check him out for what he has to offer service wise for any of you that don't already know , enjoyed your D&T custom gun works site.

Latest posts

Top Bottom