Cuts to food aid looming for thousands of needy Oklahomans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$659! She's doing it wrong. A guy that I used to work with wife separated from him temporarily. Her and her two daughters lived rent free with her parents and received $900 per month in food aid. They were feeding the rest of the extended family, feeding the husband, feeding the neighbors and still 'wasting it'. Heck they were eating steaks and shrimp and I was eating three day old leftovers.

Screw it! They can keep cutting. There are some people that need help, truly. But it needs to be done privately by food banks, churches and civic organizations and not through wasteful, unaccountable government beauracracy.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You would be amazed at what can be bought with food stamps, such necessities as sodas and snacks at 7-11 and even take and bake pizza such as pappa murphy's. Also every family on food stamps children receive free breakfast and lunch at school.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I volunteered at a food bank type organization throughout my childhood, and put together bags of necessities. They were balanced, somewhat-healthy items that would vary each week and could easily feed a family if the family was willing to cook. Canned veggies and fruits, pasta, oatmeal, bread, pb and j, etc... The people that received these items were usually older and unable to work, and the younger ones dressed modestly, drove older cars, and were trying to make it. That is how it should be; A life of necessity. Laziness and overeating is a downward spiral that creates more government funded children, and medical expenses.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The benefits, formerly known as food stamps, are expected to be cut by $36 for a family of four with no earnings, DHS officials estimated.

The same family, officials said, stands to lose the equivalent of 21 meals a month.

Using their math $1.72 ish a meal.
$659 a month = 383 meals a month. :nutkick:

These are free lunch and backpack meal kids.
Food pantry supplemented I'd bet.
Who's eating all those meals? :scratch:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was behind a couple that was morbidly obese in the checkout line. They had two heaping baskets of frozen pizza, pop tarts, etc. no fruits, veggi's or meat to cook. Their bill was well over $200.
They paid with their snap card. Balance was less than $20. My half full cart was $90.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Using their math $1.72 ish a meal.
$659 a month = 383 meals a month. :nutkick:

These are free lunch and backpack meal kids.
Food pantry supplemented I'd bet.
Who's eating all those meals? :scratch:

Judging from what I've seen ... Mom ... :lookaroun

ETA: Oh, dear ... that was probably "harsh" wasn't it? I'm not a very nice person, am I?? **sigh** Gotta work on that ... Good, that will give me something to do tomorrow ... :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom