CZ 452 American Scope mounting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know there are several CZ rimfire fans on here and I own one because of those threads.

Pretty knew to scopes but the aging eyes dictate that I learn.
Want to mount a Mueller APT on CZ452 American threaded (second option is the smaller Nikon 4x32) and am wondering what rings or mount and rings you CZ guys prefer?

Yes, I've read rimfirecentral until my eyes hurt but the options are so varied that I thought I get input from OSAers.

I want to get the best rings and/or mount and do it right the first time.

Did you use rings for the 3/8th dovetail or go with a weaver or picatinny rail?

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a 452FS but am no help since I don't have an optic on it (iron sights). But I will say that generally, CZs are are a little tricky to setup with a scope. I also have a 527FS and the mounting options are somewhat limited. I'm currently using the factory rings for it. They're a little high for my taste but if you get too low, then you have the bolt clearance issue. It's a vicious circle. :(

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a Leupold 4X on mine and used Leupold ringmounts, medium height, I think. Flatwins is right, my setup left NO room for play, but it worked like a charm.

The taller the scope setup, the more restrictive your zero range will be. Just the nature of .22's.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. Found some 3/8 Leupold rings but not for 30mm. Prefer to buy locally rather than order unless I know exactly what I want.

Would luepold mediums ne tall enough for the apt (40mm)?

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, trying to do that by online is a pain. I'd suggest you go to Leupold's website (as a guide) and look under "hunting" and then "mounting systems" and then "ringmounts". You can get a lot of info there, especially if you dig out the application chart they have there.

And, as I recall (which is suspect), 40mm might take talls. Sorry, I've slept since then.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20 to 30mm prefer medium but 40 and 50 take a tall.

I had a bleep of a time finding rings for the rail that came built onto with my 272 and had to go with CZ tall rings (found on eBay)

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, my rings were CZ medium, not Leupold. Thanks for reminding me, honeybee. The Leupold site does have some good info, however.

Latest posts

Top Bottom