CZ P-01 vs. PCR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That may have been true several years back, but I would be curious if they ran an entirely different process just for the 9mm compacts. The .40 compact uses the P-01 frame...it gets confusing. :)

And EZ...yes, I have the curious CZ glow paint dots. If it came with all the bells and whistles, it would have to cost that much more. Better for me to stagger it out.

Edit: Google ALREADY spidered this conversation. I just did a search on CZ PCR cast frame and this thread popped up.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update-------Range Report

Finally got the new baby out to the plinker range at OKCGC for a function check. I also took the old girl as well for comparison (full size CZ-75B).

What can I say, she points and goes bang, and sometimes I even hit the target! . But seriously, no malfunctions of any kind after 100 rounds, using 115gr and 147gr JHP (testing carry ammo). There's a bit more muzzle flip with the lighter compact, but nothing serious. I plan to tame that a bit with a stainless guide rod to give a hair more weight up front. Also I definitely need the pinky extension bumpers for my mags, right now my little finger is half on half off of the grip, won't take much to fix that. Now I just have to get used to that first shot from half cock.

All in all, it's exactly what I wanted. A pistol that shoots like my beloved 75B, but less bulky for carry. I should also mention that while my old 1999 production 75B isn't poorly put together by any means, I was really noticing after I stripped down the PCR that there's a bit more attention to detail that went into this 2009 model compact:

--can't find any tool marks on inside of slide assembly
--tighter/better fit of internal parts, such as no noticeable trigger play side to side
--polished feed ramp from factory

Yes, these are minor details, but I noticed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom