CZ P-01 vs. PCR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The grips aren't that much wider when you measure them against the CZs (especially when you use the Hogue Rubber grips) and don't buy into the hype about the low bore axis - shoot the guns and see which you can acquire the target with quicker, and which shoots more accurate.

You'll not hear me argue against CZs, but when it comes down to it - you'll appreciate the Sig more.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wel, ez bake, I hate to disagree with you, but the Hogue wrapped P228 "classic" felt like a spongy brick in my freaky hand. Amazing shooter, but my hand rejected it if not my brain. ;)

So...a PCR followed me home this weekend. :) Hand AND brain in love with it, it's light, low profile sights...I'll let everyone know how it holds up at the range.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wel, ez bake, I hate to disagree with you, but the Hogue wrapped P228 "classic" felt like a spongy brick in my freaky hand. Amazing shooter, but my hand rejected it if not my brain. ;)

So...a PCR followed me home this weekend. :) Hand AND brain in love with it, it's light, low profile sights...I'll let everyone know how it holds up at the range.

Man, you won't be disappointed with the CZ (but you'll cheat on her eventually - I'm just trying to save the relationship before you go down that dark path :thumb:).

Post up some pics - I want to see those sights and hear a range-report.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
EZ, if it makes you feel better, I agonized over this literally for weeks. ;) It's just my short fingers/large palm has special needs when it comes to pistol grips. Don't even get me started on gloves...

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
whoa...that Pro Tek...they changed, well, everything!

For me, the only mods I might do:

SS guide rod: $25
replace the glow dot sights with proper mepro lites: $??
fluff and buff internals, trigger job, etc.

mons meg - I'm just yanking your chain man - that CZ is a friggin shooter, you'll be happy with it.

aw man, I know...I'm just glad I made a decision!

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
whoa...that Pro Tek...they changed, well, everything!

For me, the only mods I might do:

SS guide rod: $25
replace the glow dot sights with proper mepro lites: $??
fluff and buff internals, trigger job, etc.

aw man, I know...I'm just glad I made a decision!

Your low-profile sights are glow-dot? WTF was CZ thinking in doing that? Those sights are completely useless at night (I've got 'em on my P-01 as well, but they're not low-profile new-style).

oksoonerfan

New to the site!
Reaction score
I believe the P-01 is made of a forged aluminum alloy whereas the PCR is from a cast aluminum alloy. So theoretically, the P-01 should have a stronger frame.

Latest posts

Top Bottom