"D.C. man who shot dogs biting boy could face charges"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweetr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you see this article? http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/23/man-who-shot-dogs-biting-boy-could-face-charges/

The gist is that a man riding his bicycle saw a neighbor boy being mauled by three pit bulls. He went inside his house, retrieved his "gun" (I guess the Washington Times is not rigorous in delineating firearms types!), and shot one of the dogs. A policeman, attracted by the noise, shot the remaining two pit bulls as they continued their attack on the boy.

Our hero (the neighbor, not the cop) is now being investigated for possible firearms charges! Was his firearm registered; was his ammunition(!) registered; did he cross his own property line(!) in rushing to the boy's salvation?

Did I mention this happened in the District of Columbia? Leaving aside the question whether any sane man would live in such a totalitarian enclave, brace yourselves for more of the same as DiFi, emboldened by convenient murders and empowered by the lame duck term of BHO, presses her attack on the rest of us (who, I feel absurdly compelled to point out, had nothing to do with either mass murder or shooting of attacking dogs.)

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good on that man, and the officer who finished off the other two! D.C. is so messed up that he'll probably be charged. What a mess this will be...

kamicollo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im glad PETA isnt trolling our forums. Wouldnt surprise me to see them jump on the anti gun wagon over articles like these.
I cant understand the logic in having charges possibly brought up against me for rescuing a childs life. And honestly if I was in his situation and had charges brought against me. If I could go back and do it all over again, I would in the blink of an eye. When did America the land of the free, the land we all love so dearly become so twisted that saving the life of a child could have you put behind bars.

rsc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most places would have laws compelling you to render aid, DC wants you to sit down and have a talk with the dog and explain the error of it's ways. Sorry, human life comes before animal.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait, wait, dude, I got this one. Let's scrape up some of the responses from the other threads:

He can't or won't play by the rules that keep everyone safe. If he's convicted, and loses his RKBA, he can apply for and most likely be granted a pardon restoring all of his rights. Isn't the pardon process there to give deserving people there rights back and to keep the others from having those privileges restored?
If he was so worried about being able to own a gun maybe he should have considered the consequences of his actions. The Constitution is a social contract. If you do not fulfill your end of the social contract then you do not get all of the benefits that the contract provides to our society god given or otherwise. You forfeit that right when you can't or refuse to abide by the law set forth by society.
Why should we accommodate a few losers who for whatever reason can't abide by the law?

Personally I don't give a crap. I am not a felon so it doesn't matter to me. He earned his charge doing a violent crime note the term violent criminal. By committing a crime against society, that person has surrendered any natural rights in that society otherwise, anarchy.

If you can't do the time don't do the crime. It's pretty simple. What happened to taking responsibility for yourself? If I didn't know better I'd think I was reading posts on some left wing discussion board.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They probably only said "gun" because it was probably an ar15 used to save the boy and those evil guns can't save people, they can only kill innocent people.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, obviously, he should've told the dogs to sit, then calmly discussed with them why that was unacceptable behavior. Maybe he could've placed them under citizen's arrest and called 911, though that would probably have been a bit extreme.:P

Latest posts

Top Bottom