DA Supervision = conflict of interest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally don't trust the DA or the Judges. I consider them all crooked. If they aren't crooked to begin with just flash enough cash in front of them and they'll become crooked.

Kinda like all snipers are psycho baby killers? Blanket statements are ridiculous. There are some really good people serving the State as DAs, ADAs, and Judges. Of course there is a bad apple once in a while and they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agree JB...but do you have any thoughts on the topic? Be interesting to hear an opinion from someone inside the system.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and nearly the entire bill is paid for by the offender not the tax payer.
See, this is part of the problem, not the solution.

Police, courts, jail, and other such expenses are one of the (financial) prices we pay to live in a civilized society. We all draw benefit from those institutions, so this is one we all really ought to be paying. Further, shifting the costs onto "offenders" (whether they're hurting anybody or not) creates perverse incentives for the state to maximize the number of "offenders," both by maximizing convictions and by invention of new "offenses."

Deferred adjudication is, in some ways, the worst of the bunch: the state promises to pretend the incident never happened, in exchange for paying the penalty anyway. Sounds like a shakedown to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom