Dahm vs. Morgan round 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Educated gun owners? Yes. It is the responsibility that comes with the right. That's different from "the requirement" you must fulfill to get permission.
Agreed. There are a bunch of completely irresponsible voters out there (witness the number of morons in any Congressional hearing asking questions like "aren't you concerned that [Guam] will capsize?"), and they can do (and have done) much more damage than any person with a gun. Should we require all voters to get a permit and go through mandatory education before being allowed to exercise the right to vote?

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed. There are a bunch if completely irresponsible voters out there (witness the number of morons in any Congressional hearing asking questions like "aren't you concerned that [Guam] will capsize?"), and they can do (and have done) much more damage than any person with a gun. Should we require all voters to get a permit and go through mandatory education before being allowed to exercise the right to vote?

That just the same as, shouldn't you HAVE to be an American citizen to be able to vote for anything that has to do with America? I think you should, but hey...

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the government wants to mandate firearm training then lets do it in grade schools. Get the NRA involved and lets start teaching gun safety to children in schools it makes more sense then this Common Core non -sense they are doing now. I would love to see high schools and colleges to have teams competing in shooting sports

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the government wants to mandate firearm training then lets do it in grade schools. Get the NRA involved and lets start teaching gun safety to children in schools it makes more sense then this Common Core non -sense they are doing now. I would love to see high schools and colleges to have teams competing in shooting sports

You mean like they used to? Shooting sports used to be very common, in H.S. and College. Kids would get scholarships and get to go to college from it as well. There are still some programs and some scholarships, but not as common as it was 30 years ago.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The FFA has a very popular trap shooting program in high schools.
Younger kids need to know more about the history of guns and how they helped secure the freedom we have today.
Ok, ok, not total freedoms, but we are way ahead of country's that have banned firearms.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The FFA has a very popular trap shooting program in high schools.
Younger kids need to know more about the history of guns and how they helped secure the freedom we have today.
Ok, ok, not total freedoms, but we are way ahead of country's that have banned firearms.

Our school wouldn't allow it by the time I got in FFA. They didn't have any kind of shooting, though they didn't complain if you had a rifle in your back window, or they just never noticed.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work with several that currently have children in the FFA trap program.
Wonder if it was your local school board, or lack of.a sponsor that made it go away?

I bet it was a combo of both. Where I went to school, it was mainly farming for the way of life, and sponsors for any school program were normally limited to the farmer's wife. So FHA was awesome, FFA, not as much. We got to show hogs/sheep/cattle, but as far as being able to do things like meat judging, welding competitions, etc., we didn't get to do much.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just watched the video clip. Morgan tried to equate the kid's right to life with the RKBA, implying the kid's right to life supplants anyone's RKBA. Fact is, the state took away the kid's right to defend his life and didn't replace it with state supplied defense of any of those kids' lives. EVERYONE has the right to life. EVERYONE has the right to protect that life. If the state limits or prohibits anyone's right to defend their life, the state in essence has taken the responsibility for whatever happens to that person. If the state takes a kid away from the guardianship of that kids parents such as in school, shouldn't the state provide the very same security as the parents can provide?

Every life has equal standing. Stripping the tools from a person to defend self, family, home, state, and country is as diabolical as the state not providing protection for someone(a kid) that the state as removed from the protection of family guardianship.

As for the violent criminals and mentally ill, if they are so dangerous as to be prohibited arms, they are too dangerous to be set free in society. If it is known those people are violent or mentally disturbed, it is because they have been adjudicated as such, and if not executed, MUST be kept sequestered in prison, an institution, or under full time guardianship. As for those who haven't been discovered, it is because they haven't been caught committing a violent act yet which THAT ALONE is reason enough for everyone else to be armed, and for our kids to be protected by the state that gathers them up into those godforsaken gun-free killing zones called "schools".

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom