Dan Combs S&W 686 Commemorative

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to get a little help and information.

Have access to a S&W 686 that is in a presentation case with the designation "Captain Dan Combs Commemorative".

Gun is unfired with all of the original parts, badges, etc. Even the Original cardboard case.

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this or if there was anyone that is a Oklahoma Highway Patrol collector or S&W Collector that can give me some help.

Many thanks in advance.

I think my blood pressure just pegged. He absolutely amazed me. When I was a kid, I know I had to be quite a sight, standing there with my mouth agape watching him.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup been in the back of my safe I never took it to the range.....just shoot my 10/22 to keep cost down for retired ol timer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

THAT is awesome. Wish I could say the same. I have Had a lot of firearms that I should have kept. Unfortunately, I am no longer in possession of them.

bubbaokie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
got one here too. Also have the Rem 742 30-06 that he used in his aerial exhibition demonstrations that he gave to me. He was a dear friend and hunting partner for many years. Many fond memories hunting with him. Spent a few days with him and Bill Jordon (Border Patrol) shooting prairie dogs (lots of war stories told around the camp fires on that trip).

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
got one here too. Also have the Rem 742 30-06 that he used in his aerial exhibition demonstrations that he gave to me. He was a dear friend and hunting partner for many years. Many fond memories hunting with him. Spent a few days with him and Bill Jordon (Border Patrol) shooting prairie dogs (lots of war stories told around the camp fires on that trip).
Man, I wish I was there to hear them. Bill Beirschmidt told me of one of his escapades. They were on a roadblock and getting out of the car he was pulling out his M1 carbine and BAM! Through the floorboard, through the wheelwell, through the rubber, through the steel wheel through the tire again and plopped onto the roadway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom