Dang but I miss Netflix DVD service!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Half the time the disc would be cracked and you had to send it back and wait for a replacement and hope it wasn't cracked. Delivered in a flimsy paper envelope. It was more aggravating than it was worth.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a bunch of movies that aren't free streaming anywhere. $3.99 to digitally rent on obscure stuff. Netflix DVD cost under $10 a month. That usually buys me two used DVDs at Vintage Stock per month. Yukon has thousands upon thousands, and I'd venture to say another thousand VHS tapes for sale, and then the blue rays start. The other half of the store is books, the center is video games. I've been to several of the metro area Vintage Stocks, and for yall into new/used movies, books, and games, the Yukon location is worth going to, frequently.

Last edited:

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a bunch of movies that aren't free streaming anywhere. $3.99 to digitally rent on obscure stuff. Netflix DVD cost under $10 a month. That usually buys me two used DVDs at Vintage Stock. Yukon has thousands upon thousands, and I'd venture to say another thousand VHS tapes for sale, and then the blue rays start. The other half of the store is books, the center is video games. I've been to several of the metro area Vintage Stocks, and for yall into new/used movies, books, and games, the Yukon location is worth going to, frequently.
You can stock up on newer stuff too. People will buy the new movies, rip them and then sell the disk back to help finance the next purchase.

TwoShoots

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to be at the mercy of Netflix and Disney+. I found a funny old hat in an old attic one day though and since then all the movies and TV shows that used to cost me a monthly fee now just appear on my computer. It's wild, matey.
I'll never pay for a streaming service again.

8e9a3072f7c0090054be8e887b9da589.jpg

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a little Hollywood trivia since y’all are Gregory Peck fans.

His Grandson Ethan Peck plays Spock on Star Trek Strange New Worlds on
Paramount +.
Gregory Peck's first starring role was of a communist bastard in the propaganda piece "Days of Glory" - crafted to sweeten sentiment of the United States helping the Soviet Union.

Latest posts

Top Bottom