Daughter going to Front Sight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a call last night which included shocking news! Daddy's little girl (45) is leaving Wednesday for a 4 day Defensive Pistol course at Front Sight. I was fully supportive when she decided to get her CC permit in Utah but never expected this level of dedication. She learned to shoot with her Mom and I, when she was about 9. She hunted and shot until she became too interested in Boys. Now, after 25 years of marriage, she is no longer changing diapers and fixated on the Springfield XD-40. When I talked to her, she said she had 4000 rounds of ammo setting in the van ready to go. There are three of them going together, all old high school friends. I will post a results next week.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Got a call last night which included shocking news! Daddy's little girl (45) is leaving Wednesday for a 4 day Defensive Pistol course at Front Sight. I was fully supportive when she decided to get her CC permit in Utah but never expected this level of dedication. She learned to shoot with her Mom and I, when she was about 9. She hunted and shot until she became too interested in Boys. Now, after 25 years of marriage, she is no longer changing diapers and fixated on the Springfield XD-40. When I talked to her, she said she had 4000 rounds of ammo setting in the van ready to go. There are three of them going together, all old high school friends. I will post a results next week.

Sounds like a great call!!! Kudo's to you dad!!!!!

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suspect she'll have a great time and maybe come back ready to teach dad a thing or two.
Nice thing about gunsite is the lady instructors make the women very comfortable.
Sounds like a great investment.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking forward to the after-action report -- I have looked at FrontSight.com and their courses look interesting. Reading reports on other gun forums, I have noted a mixed bag when it comes to reviews so that is why I value your daughter's report, especially from a woman's perspective. I have found women to have a strong desire to get value for their money and little tolerance for BS in the process.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suspect she'll have a great time and maybe come back ready to teach dad a thing or two.
Nice thing about gunsite is the lady instructors make the women very comfortable.
Sounds like a great investment.

Front Site in Nevada... Not Gunsite...

I have mixed emotions, Kudo's for going and training but rumors I have heard are that money may be better spent training elsewhere, rather than lining the coffers of the country club resort grounds of front sight training academy.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just make sure she doesn't come back asking you if you've ever considered joining the Church of Scientology.:shocked:

Kudos to her for having the foresight to get training in personal protection.

Michael Brown

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to call her back tonight and tell her to take careful notes, so she can give you folks a good narrative on Front Sight. I think she and her friends chose Front Sight because it was closer to Salt Lake City than most other training centers. She really isn't much of a country club type. I forgot to mention that the three of them graduated from high school in Alaska and this is not their first adventure.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She called last night and was still excited. She had nothing but praise for the instructors and facilities. She bought a new XD-9 on the way and said the folks were extremely helpful. She enjoyed it so much that she has scheduled her next visit for October AND, she wants me to go with her. I may just consider going.

Latest posts

Top Bottom