1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Daunte Wright Shooting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OKCHunter, Apr 12, 2021.

1. OKCHunter

OKCHunter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    A tragic event for both Daunte Wright and the officer involved in the shooting. The officer mistakenly used her sidearm when she had apparently intended to use her Taser, resulted in the killing of Daunte Wright.

All things considered, however, if Mr. Wright had not resisted arrest and tried to flee, he would most likely be alive today and the police officer would not be potentially facing charges.

Glocktogo, xjer, bigchuck83 and 7 others like this.
  2. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Has to be a training failure by the department. Most require from what I understand the taser is on the weak side to require a cross draw.
    I'll defer to our LEO folks to see if that is true.
    The officer was saying TASER three times so it "appeared" that a confusion existed.
    In real time, this is just another occasion to loot because the TV's and Liquor obtained from the George Floyd looting has ran out or the TV they looted needed an upgrade, so just stealing another is easier.
    There is absolutely no reason why looting is part of any protest. It's used as an ancillary of the protest to steal without consequences.
    I was at the Ponca Gun Range monthly meeting tonight. A rep from the OK2A was there saying the castle doctrine now applies to businesses.
    I will have to look that up and see what the wording says.
    Don't know if it's legal or not, but if it were, I'd put out a social media post that your allowed to protest, but if you violate any laws you will be taken down, and arrested. If you loot, breaking into a building, you are subject to being shot.
    I'm sure the lawyers would have a field day if a castle doctrine wasn't in effect.

Seadog, chadh2o, nic6 and 1 other person like this.
  3. RickN

RickN Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Funny thing is, he appears to have been a gang member and drug dealer. Of course that means BLM will be stirring up riots.

Seadog, chadh2o, dennishoddy and 3 others like this.
  4. Fredkrueger100

Fredkrueger100 Come to Freddy!!

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    They already have. They immediately started looting and tearing the city up. Any excuse for them to steal more stuff. I am so sick of it.

Seadog, dennishoddy, Hodrod and 3 others like this.
  5. jakeman

jakeman Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%

It was a little more tragic for him that it was her, but yeah. I mean, I get it, it was a bad day for her, but his bad day trumps her bad day.

Saying all that to say this, I agree with you 100%. If he wasn't a dumb ass criminal, he'd still be alive. No sympathy. None. Not for the dead guy. Sorry. Don't have it. Give zero f's. I'm prolly racist.

6. BobbyV

BobbyV Uh huh . . . sure

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    The City Manager got fired when he pushed for due process for the officer . . .

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/da...manager-fired-call-due-process-police-officer

Brooklyn Center City Manager Curt Boganey was fired on Monday evening, hours after he publicly disagreed with Mayor Mike Elliott’s assertion that the police officer who fatally shot a Black man in the Minneapolis suburb should be immediately fired in response to the incident.

"Effective immediately our city manager has been relieved of his duties, and the deputy city manager will be assuming his duties moving forward," Elliott wrote on Twitter. "I will continue to work my hardest to ensure good leadership at all levels of our city government."

XDTime and dennishoddy like this.
  7. OKCHunter

OKCHunter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I saw that and thought WTF. Due Process is what separates us from 3rd world countries and the City Manager should have been applauded. The City Council is obviously reacting to the threat of riots and threw the City Manager under the buss.

Glocktogo, Seadog, chadh2o and 5 others like this.
  8. Retired

Retired Marksman

He is dead. She is incompetent. Remove qualified immunity for all government officials in any capacity. Level the field of responsibility.

9. trekrok

trekrok Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    This snippet from the article is great. City council person says straight-up says she voted to fire him for fear of the mob.

The Brooklyn Center City Council voted to fire Boganey, a longtime city employee, during an emergency meeting, the Star Tribune reported. At the same meeting, the council voted to give the mayor command authority over the city’s police department.

During a virtual workshop after the meeting, Council Member Kris Lawrence-Anderson said she voted to fire Boganey out of fear of potential reprisals from protestors if she did not, according to the newspaper.

"He was doing a great job. I respect him dearly," Lawrence-Anderson said. "I didn't want repercussions at a personal level."

dennishoddy and BobbyV like this.