Daunte Wright Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe you are speaking about the incident with the Tulsa SO. That old man had to do a little time in the joint, but I don't remember where or how long, but it wasn't a long time as I remember. Can't recall his name, but I believe he was a well heeled TSO donor and reserve deputy.
That was actually 2015... Tulsa County reserve deputy Robert Bates. Convicted of 2nd degree manslaughter, served a total of about 1 1/2 years.

I won't be surprised by a similar result in this case.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They do, but remember, pucker factor was 9.9 for her. If that taser was anywhere close to where her sidearm is, that is a big **** up on the training department followed by her. I'm not defending her at all, but remember. When it hits the fan, training is all you have.

There is a reason we are ordered (Not offered) to wear the taser on the opposite side or appendix and away from our pew pew. I wore mine at 330 weak side and always used my weak hand to deploy. The fact that she yelled taser taser taser goes to show that she retained some training when it went south. I believe her 100% she thought she had the lighting in her hand.

That pucker factor is the thing that I don't think we, as civilian types, can fully appreciate. I too believe she 100% thought she was tasing Wright. I'd like to think her being a 26 year veteran would have lessened the possibility of this happening. As opposed to the older guy doing a ride-along cited above. He had no business being where he was.

Latest posts

Top Bottom