Dave and Buster's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, they allow kids, at least they do in the Dallas area. maybe different here.
We go there in Dallas, as both kids and adults can have fun. I love the crotch rocket bikes.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one here in Tulsa is a compact market model, it was a concept the wanted to try. It sucks, waste of money to go there. Hope OKC got a full size D&B. The food is overpriced commercial crap, as far as a bar I'll support a local joint with bartenders that get to know us over some commercial chain.

HKCHEF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one here in Tulsa is a compact market model, it was a concept the wanted to try. It sucks, waste of money to go there. Hope OKC got a full size D&B. The food is overpriced commercial crap, as far as a bar I'll support a local joint with bartenders that get to know us over some commercial chain.

Not all chains are bad. Many get to that level because they do most everything right. And as far as restaurants go in the Tulsa area the chains employ far more tulsans then the mom pop places thanks to e-verify.

B

blacklabelmongo

Yeah but those huge mugs of beer are pretty nice. They serve beer at Chuk E Cheese, but its over priced and watered down like the booger bars. Bahaha

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not all chains are bad. Many get to that level because they do most everything right. .

Chain restaurants for the most part suck, plain and simple. You'll almost always be able to find a mom and pop place that does something significantly better. Especially now due to the economy, all the chains are cutting costs and quality and it shows.

And as far as restaurants go in the Tulsa area the chains employ far more tulsans then the mom pop places thanks to e-verify

I'm gonna say from extensive experience in both chains and mom and pops bars and restaurants that this simply isn't true and know of several real world examples. Either way, one thing that is for sure is that a significant amount of the money goes elsewhere with chains. One good example is the current growth of downtown Tulsa, not one chain has contributed to that, whereas the Nelson group has made countless contributions to stimulate growth.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chain restaurants for the most part suck, plain and simple. You'll almost always be able to find a mom and pop place that does something significantly better. Especially now due to the economy, all the chains are cutting costs and quality and it shows.

I'm gonna say from extensive experience in both chains and mom and pops bars and restaurants that this simply isn't true and know of several real world examples. Either way, one thing that is for sure is that a significant amount of the money goes elsewhere with chains. One good example is the current growth of downtown Tulsa, not one chain has contributed to that, whereas the Nelson group has made countless contributions to stimulate growth.

Not a fan of Nelson group, but if it's them or a chain they'll win every time.

Baker street vs Kilkenny's, I can't understand how in the hell Baker Street stays in business, food is bland and the wait staff is seriously inexperienced. Tried them 3 times and only one experience could be described as not poor. Never again if friends want to go out to eat it won't be there.

Downtown, Brady Tavern diner, The Hunt Club, Hey Mambo or Caz's when eating Caz's we usually order at the bar and they bring it over from the chowhouse. When we go out for drink's it's Caz's every time. You get to know the staff at the bar and they get to know you.

I havent ever been there. Like another poster had said it seems like an adult chuckie cheese.

That's basically what it is. Except kids can play too...

HKCHEF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Well we come from different worlds then and in my last 10 years to present I have come to know many downtown, cherry, and Brookside restaurants and they simply do not practice ethical or legal hiring. And I do agree most chain food is abit off, but some groups still make everything from scratch.

And to get back on topic, not a fan of D & B.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKC D and B review: I don't think it's full size, at least not as big as a couple others I have been to. Still fun though. All the staff were nice. Beer was a little overpriced($5 for the biggest beer they had). We had fun, got drunk, and the food was good. I wouldn't go all the time, but not too bad for every once and awhile.

Latest posts

Top Bottom