Decided to build a .300 AAC Blackout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Took 6 weeks to gather all of the parts but very happy with result /// Minor recoil spring adjustments an it fires like dream ...... minimal recoil when shooting the 220gr Sub Sonic. Should be a great 'Pig' gun .... 'CAN' on the way ..... :)

[Broken External Image]

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good. What can are you using? I built a .300 Whisper about 8 years ago for a ACC Cyclone . I did it all from scratch except the barrel . Even then I had the port moved to a different location from where the maker suggested. I had to play with different recoil springs and settled for a 9mm one. I finally got it to run good. It's quieter to stand beside it being fired than shoot it because of the spring noise . I make my brass out of .223/.556 which takes time. If it ever cools off ,I need to go out and work up a good 220gr. load. I've had a lot of other projects push this one to the backburner too often. Some of them I wish I had never started. I bet some of you know how that goes. Post some results when you get a good load worked up. Good luck.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanx ...... the CAN is a Hairtrigger 'Falcon' but I am still waiting on my Class 3 to receive it ..... then I have to do the form 4 .....

I am getting my brass from Brad's ..... 500 Pisces for $95. I don't reload but mu buddy does just waiting for Lee to release the new dies set. I have 400 Rounds of 147gr Supersonic and 100 rounds of 220gr subsonic on hand. Just been too dang hot to shoot much down here in Altus.

So far it is holding groups under 2" at 100 yards with the 220's. Haven't tried the 147's yet. Will post more when I get a chance to do some more shooting. BTW, barrel was drilled for the carbine length gas block and tube ...... it's covered by the rifle length free float forearm ......

More later ......

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sweet, Randy!

What is the deal with some carbine length and some shorter gas systems? I want to do this too, but mostly for the supersonic loads.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Badger.

Carbine length for me then!

Although the suppressed, subsonic part is cool, I don't currently own one. My big desire is the bigger 30 cal hit. Boom!

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats my next project to build, I think I am going to go with a matched set noveske lower and upper and noveske barrel the rest is undecided. but may that looks killer!

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm the buddy loading the 300 AAC Blackout for Randy and I must say I'm impressed. So far I've been using Winchester 296 behind 123 gr and 168 gr bullets. The 123 gr bullets are coming out at around 2200 FPS. The 168 is around 1800 FPS. What has surprised me is how smooth the AR handles this round. With all of our expermenting with loads, bullets and brass we've not had a single failure to feed, fire or extract. It's like Stoner built this rifle with this caliber in mind. Randy is going to force me into building my own if I keep this up. Right now with the Eotech we are getting 2 inch groops and that really surprises both of us with our old eyes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom