Decriminalization? How Did That Work for Portland?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sixteen months into this first-in-the-nation experiment, the numbers paint a bleak picture. Drug overdose deaths hit an all-time high in 2021 with 1069, a 41% increase from 2020. And very few people are getting into treatment. According to The Lund Report, after one year, just 136 people had entered treatment, less than 1% of those helped by Measure 110. But the actual number may be even lower."

You gotta pump those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I visited Canada a few years ago and people told me how clean it was.In some areas it was very nice but people were having to step over the drug addicts.Truedeau needs to quit worrying about guns and fix his drug addict country.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah the ole “It didn’t apply to me so it must be lies!!” thing.

While I didn't feel the need for anyone to specifically answer my questions, that last paragraph was simply an anecdote that applies to me. Now, since you quoted my comment and made such a comment yourself, kindly inform me just how "they" know that ALL 480,000 were determined to be "because of smoking."

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
The biggest problem with everything being legal in my mind is that society doesn't have the stomach for the consequences. I'm fine legalizing whatever, but I'm not fine paying for someone's bad choices. IE when someone overdoses and must be revived and hospitalized etc, I shouldn't have to pay for it. If the addict can, fine. But seems unlikely.

Maybe the dealers would step up and start carrying Narcan or whatever so as to prevent diminishing their customer base?
Drug dealers, and DOCTORS prescribing OPIODS, and OTHER ADDITIVE DRUGS, to get INCENTAVES (BRIBES) from the giant RX Corp[irations, to feed the addects they CREATED! President Trump is the ONLY politician, on any side that will even talk about this CRIME! Why is that? President Trump actually DID SOMETHING ABOUT THIS, in spite of Congress, and their attempts to stop him, from crooked politicians, on both sides as well as the LAP DOG NEWS MEDIA!!!! Are ALL the other politicians on both sides, being bribed to look the other way on this money making CRIME????, that is ruining millions of American LIVES, as well as KILLING MILLIONS EACH YEAR? STAND UP, THINK FOR YOURSELF, OR LIVE ON YOUR KNEES, AND KISS THEIR FEET!!!!!!

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Duh.

That is all the comment I need.
And what makes it even worse is that law abiding residents cannot even defend their own property, especially with a firearm, from the 'junkies' stealing from or threatening their families. To do so almost guarantees a conviction of felonious assault, attempted murder, or murder, plus [usually] some form of firearm charges against the gun owner.

Last edited:

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are referring to statistics here in your comment, so what I would really like to know is where is the source of said statistics? In other words, they claim 480,000 deaths a year for smokers, but HOW do they know that ALL 480,000 of them were really related to smoking or being exposed to second hand smoke?

I smoked cigarettes for roughly half of the 41 years that I smoked, and a pipe without filters for the rest of the time. However, my physical exams seem to indicate that I haven't had any health issues because of all of those years. Thus, I'd really like to know the particulars of their "studies" that indicated so many deaths to smoking.
George Burns only lived 100 years

Attachments

• georgeburns.jpg
    georgeburns.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom