Deer baiting/attractants advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is what you should do let me keep bait out for you and for that i could hunt archery and when you guys come up to hunt they will be a bunch of deer there its a win win for the both of us just saying

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Listen to Okie, Sticky and Dennis. I agree with all 3. Vanilla extract works as a cover but the deer will blow it because it is a new scent and they will be afraid of it.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took a few days for deer to find our corn.. took 2 days for them to find the peanut butter.

bag of old apples or pears seems to get them closer sooner those may smell like persimmons.

On a crossing that I want deer to stop and smell something,,, I pee in the crossing.

Cigarette smoking in the woods brings them to my buddy each time he smokes one.

He said their noses are up in the air and they walk towards him.

I think I would be stealth as I could and keep my eyes peeled.. for the amount of time you will be there in the woods.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was gonna say a bag of apple or other fruit. Maybe slice a couple open to get the smell in the air. My buddy has had very good luck smashing a couple old pumpkins on the ground.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deer cane has never worked for me, granted I only tried it a couple times but personally I think it is worthless. Just get you some regular bagged corn, pour it out on the ground, they will find it. If you want some aroma to it go buy a big jug of cheap apple juice, put corn in a 2 gallon ziplock bag and pour juice in it, let it sit overnight ... Instant apple corn...oklahomabassin swears by it. Good luck and post photos and a story of your Kansas giant when you get back!

I don't know what you are talking about. Sounds like it could work, but not my idea.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's Bassin's Apple Pie Moonshine recipe, you got it all mixed up. ;)

I am not sure about deer but I have noticed the hogs respond to rice bran very quick compared to corn. It has more of an odor to my nose but I never really can smell unspoiled corn anyways.

Latest posts

Top Bottom